Second Skin Audio

cnet15

i have an 01 tahoe with 4 rockford p3 12s. they sound good but i really want something that can hit the lows REALLY well. i have to rockford p1000x1bd amps. the birth sheet says they put out almost 1400 rms each. So basically im looking for the best sub around that power rating that truly excels on the lower end. enclosure size doesn't matter. sub size and price don't matter. i was thinking about 15s because i listen to a lot of rock and metal in edition to rap and stuff and i have heard that 18s have a hard time keeping up with the fast bass drum of metal music. maybe that's a load of crap i don't know. so feel free to school me on that as well. any suggestions are welcome.

Box design will determine how your sub plays not the size of the speaker itself.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Box design will determine how your sub plays not the size of the speaker itself.

well yea obviously a box thats too small tuned to 40 hz isnt going to be as loud as an enclosure that is tuned to like 28hz and is much larger. but still there are some subs better suited for being in larger and lower tuned enclosures. i know how to properly design a box. i was just wanting some suggestions on subs that work better in said properly built enclosure.

Sp4 or SA X... :shrug:

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

my votes on the sundown x, but psi platform 2 with performance upgrade, or FI

fashooooo... go with the sundown x.. you want low go with two 18' x's.. they are rated 1250w rms. but they can handle a whole lot more if so no worries they wont blow with 1400w. if your amps are strappable you can strap the two together and buy two dual 2 ohms and wire them to 2ohm load. if theyre not stappable then you can still go with the dual 2ohm versions and wire one to each amp at 1ohm. do a nice 8-10ft^ box with lots of port area and youll smash the lows and get some good hairtricks goin too.. but the question is what is your budget? you can get a pair you can get a pair of x18s for around 800 plus tax n shipping

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Fi Q's, SSA Havoc's, Sundown X's, DX Level 3's or 4's. Ton of options here. I'd personally go with the Q's...or the Havoc's...but that's me... I'm a Fi asskisser.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived