That Loud Focus...USAlternators Hairpin, 4 DD 9515i's in a B pillar on 2 Soundstream XXX-15K's. Caps and Lithium Power. New vids

Looking good so far, tuned in for more updates!

thanks man

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

alright so I have 2 free periods today so I thought I would post up the rest of those pics. here they are.

SST-05 tweets

WP_20131202_009_zps54144fcd.jpg

WP_20131202_010_zps3157895d.jpg

My by nines that will be in the rear doors just for some fill back there. they will be ran off the head unit. I rarely have people back there.

WP_20131202_013_zps98d0843d.jpg

The 9512 next to a RE RFX 8

WP_20131202_015_zps8306038d.jpg

That it for the pics today. expect lots this weekend. there is a lot to be done with both builds and I will make sure to get pics. I have also changed my mind about my mids and highs amps. I am planning on running one of the tarantula 4 channels and a TA.2160. I will run my tweets off the 2 channel and my 4 mids in my front doors off the 4 channel. I will get more power that way. I don't think I mentioned this before but I will not be running a processor or line driver. I will eventually get a Soundstream synthesis but not anytime soon. until then I will use the crossovers that are built into the amps. we did that in my friend car and it worked really well. my head unit only has one set of 2 volt rca's but I will run them to the XXX which has an output that will be ran to the 4 channel which has an output which will run to the 2 channel. it will work out nicely.

anyways I hope to have the box completely finished and painted by next weekend. lots to come this weekend so stay tuned.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

So just for the hell of it I decided to put one of the subs inverted in the box. Only one sub so there was a wide open hole in the box for where the other sub goes. There was no ports or anything and it got LOUD! I ran it on roughly 50 watts off of a pioneer receiver and I couldn't believe how loud it got. I stuck my head in the box and I swear it was at least a 143. I can't imagine how loud it will be with both subs on 3k with the ports in in my car. Anyways thought I would just post this up. More this weekend.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

So just for the hell of it I decided to put one of the subs inverted in the box. Only one sub so there was a wide open hole in the box for where the other sub goes. There was no ports or anything and it got LOUD! I ran it on roughly 50 watts off of a pioneer receiver and I couldn't believe how loud it got. I stuck my head in the box and I swear it was at least a 143. I can't imagine how loud it will be with both subs on 3k with the ports in in my car. Anyways thought I would just post this up. More this weekend.

glad to hear the subs work

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

glad to hear the subs work

Almost no mechanical noise. they sound good.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Just fixed the box and it went back together well. pics coming tomorrow.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

im in for watching this build. specially since im here in Michigan and a ford focus hatchback owner as well. what part of Michigan are you in? im way over in the south west area near Holland, Benton harbor, south haven ( roughly 10min drive from south haven), about a 45 minute drive west of Kalamazoo.

don't know if you have any sound deadener yet but the hatchdoor is a fairly weak spot imo. like to vibrate like crazy. I deadened mine and filled it with expanding foam. if you do the expanding foam you have to take the license plate off and hang the license plate light from their mounting holes or else the wires for them get stuck in the foam and its a pain to dig them out when needing to replace the bulbs. takes roughly 3 cans, I only used 2 and had spots that weren't filled in very well. get the plastic trim piece that goes on the door to stop vibrating and the license plate is a whole lot quieter from it. then the front half of the roof makes noise and the map light does. what I did was take the map light out and there is a metal bracket on it that isn't exactly needed so I removed mine when I sound deadened that part of the roof. the downfall was shortly after doing that one of the mounting taps that holds the light to the roof broke so I suggest adding a washer to strengthen it. I think that's it for things I found that were annoying during the process of getting rid of rattles but I only got up to a 143.4 on a termlab with 2 t2 12" on a t1500.1bdcp.

don't know if you thought about this when designing the box but you can go up to 40" wide 19"deep and 19" tall ( in the first gen hatchbacks at least) and you can go a bit deeper and taller but would take some adjust and maybe cutting/drilling to move the 2 metal pieces that the back seat latches to. oh and that was with a 3/4" mdf floor so with out that floor you could go a bit taller. then the if your using smaller sized batteries they can fit between the box and hatch seat or on top the wheel wells. have about 5" depth 7" tall and what ever length your amps don't take up between the box and hatchback. can go wider with less height or taller wit less depth. talked to another member on here about his build in a hatchback focus to and he had 2 12s doing 154 give or take a db subs up port to the driver side. said he tried several boxes and that port to the driver side just about always did better. don't remember the gear or his user name right now but once I can think of it I will link his build log.

any questions with the focus feel free to ask, I know more about the 1st gen but willing to help where I can.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok, for some reason I can get paste to work... his username is nightshade and I haven't found his build log again yet but im sure if you look him up in the build log section you will find it. he knows a lot with the focus when it comes to spl and tricks to gain a little here and their. check his build log out and if you want you could message him. he is fairly willing to help out specially with focus builds.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok, for some reason I can get paste to work... his username is nightshade and I haven't found his build log again yet but im sure if you look him up in the build log section you will find it. he knows a lot with the focus when it comes to spl and tricks to gain a little here and their. check his build log out and if you want you could message him. he is fairly willing to help out specially with focus builds.

thanks man. Nice to see someone else from MI. I live around the Detroit area. Idk if u know of the city Huntington woods. Its a small city but that's where I live. Anyways yes I have deadened the hatch. It used to rattle really bad. I re did the box this weekend since it was a bit too big and it fits perfectly. I have that ledge on the box for my batts. Then my xxx will be mounted to the back on one seat. I changed my mind regarding the mids and highs amp and I'm going with one of the older soundstream d-towers and eventually I'm goanna do 2. But ya the focus is an awesome car for bass imo.

also over the summer I took the overhead lights out and deadened the front half of the roof and put deadner around the sides of the glasses holders so that those don't rattle. I have eliminated most rattles from the car. At a show this summer I did a 136 on music with the single 15 on about 1200 which I was pretty happy with. Anyways thanks for following the build. I will definitely come to you if I need any help with anything about the focus. Thanks.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Got a lot done this weekend on both cars. Pic coming tomorrow

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Archived