That Loud Focus...USAlternators Hairpin, 4 DD 9515i's in a B pillar on 2 Soundstream XXX-15K's. Caps and Lithium Power. New vids

This box build reminds me how i build enclosures in the late 80's...

I'm lovin' it.. I hope it rocks...

X

thanks man.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

nice looking box, should take a router to the top of the ports to flare them some. heat up the bottom of the ports while pushing them down on the bottom of a metal bowl to flare those ends. those are 4" ports right?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

nice looking box, should take a router to the top of the ports to flare them some. heat up the bottom of the ports while pushing them down on the bottom of a metal bowl to flare those ends. those are 4" ports right?

actually no they are 3 that's why I am a bit worried about port noise. My thought was that it has lots of port area so the air will be dispersed through the different ports. So hopefully it will work out but if not I will do something like flaring them.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Why 7 3" Ports? Why not 4 4" Ports? Our a single 8" put would have been the same as 4 4".

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Either way I don't think you will have a issue with port noise. Just recently heard that lots of Ports aren't suggested for daily, want giving an explanation why though

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Either way I don't think you will have a issue with port noise. Just recently heard that lots of Ports aren't suggested for daily, want giving an explanation why though

well first reason I went with 7 3's is because that was the largest I could get that still had .25" thick sides. Another reason was because of looks. But either way I think it will work out. If not I can always rebuild it.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Nice work, but I don't like all those pvc tubes. I would have tried something like 2 6" ports.

You can flare those tubes easily. It will be cheaper than buying psp ports with flared ends.

39 Hz is really high on music. My DD 9515i is in a box tuned to 35 with a 6.5" pvc port, and I know it's not enough port for a beast of sub like that. It sounds much better than the previous 38-39 Hz I had.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Nice work, but I don't like all those pvc tubes. I would have tried something like 2 6" ports.

You can flare those tubes easily. It will be cheaper than buying psp ports with flared ends.

39 Hz is really high on music. My DD 9515i is in a box tuned to 35 with a 6.5" pvc port, and I know it's not enough port for a beast of sub like that. It sounds much better than the previous 38-39 Hz I had.

I plan on flaring them. But as far as tuning in tunned to 38 and that's good for the 9512's. Bump4life has his tuned to 40 or so and it plays very loud and

still gets low.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

the focus likes 38hz as well. should peak around 45-46 hz 51 at the highest imo. my last few boxes where tuned around 38hz and peaked around 45-46hz and then a few boxes tuned around 40-42hz peaked at 51hz.

if I was you I would get on a meter and test it out then do some flares on the ports and remeter. you should see a .1+ increase from flares and should sound a bit better imo. every little bit helps.

oh and if you haven't treid it on a tl yet did my passenger side visor down and gained about .08db. didn't get the chance to mess with anything else in the car to see what I could gain. was suggested to me to try with the passenger seat all the way forward and all the way back.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived