Sundown Audio

.5 ohm Daily

FlashvHD

The statement means if you have to ask, then you MOST LIKELY do not have the knowledge to be running your equipment below manufacture's recommended impedance. Sure everyone has to learn, but you also should not learn on expensive equipment with no experience using it.

another difference is you also had great electrical to back that up even though in most situations wiring below 1ohm is never reccomend no matter what your electrical is. But people still do it. Including myself. There is a difference between what should be recommended to people that we do not know and what we choose to do ourselves.

A horribly exaggerated example… If you got away with murder of somebody, and someone wanted to do the same thing you did… would you recommend it as long as they follow "These" Guidelines? Or would you recommend them do a different course of action that is following the correct rules and let them choose on their own. You didn't give advice that is not following the rules and they can still choose.

Im not sure why the last few posts i remember from you towards me suggested an aggressive tone but if it did id like to talk about it in PM and squash any possible beef sir.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

The statement means if you have to ask, then you MOST LIKELY do not have the knowledge to be running your equipment below manufacture's recommended impedance. Sure everyone has to learn, but you also should not learn on expensive equipment with no experience using it.

another difference is you also had great electrical to back that up even though in most situations wiring below 1ohm is never reccomend no matter what your electrical is. But people still do it. Including myself. There is a difference between what should be recommended to people that we do not know and what we choose to do ourselves.

A horribly exaggerated example… If you got away with murder of somebody, and someone wanted to do the same thing you did… would you recommend it as long as they follow "These" Guidelines? Or would you recommend them do a different course of action that is following the correct rules and let them choose on their own. You didn't give advice that is not following the rules and they can still choose.

Im not sure why the last few posts i remember from you towards me suggested an aggressive tone but if it did id like to talk about it in PM and squash any possible beef sir.

The very first sentence is my point. "If you have to ask" meaning you don't know for sure and you're asking folks that might be able to help or enlighten you on information in doing so, whether it be you're lacking in electrical or those amps won't handle that daily. You don't then "have the knowledge" to be running your equipment that low", hence why you're asking in the first place which would be to get knowledge, again from people who might know. Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean you can't do something by finding out how to do it. That's how you end up where people with all the knowledge around here end up. By learning and asking questions. Just like you did. Just like I did.

Just because there's a "manufacturer's recommend impedance", doesn't mean the amp won't handle lower. For example, Crescendo, DC Audio, Sundown and others, may recommend 1ohm, but we all know that they will do lower than that with no issues. Crescendo even offers extended warranties for .5 ohm loads. A recommended something or other is opinionated.

You say not to learn on expensive equipment, but you know as well as I do, if you try to run a cheaper amp at .5ohms, you're not going to succeed. They aren't built as well as some of the more expensive amps, which can handle it. So then where are you at, other than dejected because your attempt failed because of inferior equipment, not inferior technique.

To your example, if I was a murderer, i wouldn't be talking about being a murderer. Honestly I'd keep it to myself because the more i talk the more my chance are of getting caught. But that's not relevant here.

I don't have a problem with you. I have a problem with the statement you made that's why I asked about it. I'm sorry you feel like my "tone", on a typed out forum not in person where voice and tonality can be determined, is "aggressive" in your opinion, but maybe it's more the context of what you've typed and not you as a person. If I was trying to attack you personally, I'd respond to the tons of posts you make every day on here, and in the status column. Just another angle to think about.

Let's help this guy learn something.

OP: If you want to run .5 ohm for daily, I would highly suggest a very stout electrical system which it sounds like you're on track for. If your'e getting 320 out of that alt, great for you. But a nice battery bank in back near the amp will help you as well and you shouldn't have any problems running that 2k on .5ohms daily. My understanding is that after box rise you're not going to be that low anyway, but I don't know enough about it to back that up. Maybe someone else, KYLE, can help me with that one if you want to know more. I'm still learning myself.

Good luck! sorry for the long post.

Paragraph pete back at it again.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Rebuttals can be had on both sides of our arguments mr scooter. I most likely didn't make my case correctly on this digital form of communication, but i believe there was a valid point hidden in there somewhere. Also i cannot deny a single thing you stated in your mini book sir. If i could formulate a structured argument like that with out re reading and re typing 100 times then maybe i would be better in my history class and better at explaining things on smd.

OP. Yes you can wire something that low because of the Nominal vs reactive impedance thing, but referring back to my murder analogy… i can't "recommend" that you void your warranty and break manufacture recommended directions. But the answer to your question is yes you can, assuming you have beyond proper electrical and you are smart about things and keep an eye on conditions like voltage. Also having a little common sense, if you hear, see or smell anything fishy… turn it down and figure it out!

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Paragraph pete back at it again.

:rofl: I see you have come across Scotts posts before. He likes to get the point across so there is no confusion :lol2:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

blue-waffle_o_717500.jpg

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived