My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

So far I just did a test fit of the 6.5 speakers. My Toyota has a pretty big bump out on the door so I cut out the stock grill plastic and press fit the speaker into it. I have T nuts and bolts to attatch it to the door panel. The magnet goes right into the center of the orig speaker location in the door. The tweeters will mount in the upper door. Doors are SD inside and out. Hope to have it all done just after the new year.

I wont be installing anything until I get my new alt from DC. My stock alt is only 70 amps so I am already at about the limit running my CT 1400 at 2 ohms (700 rms) to my RE audio sex10D4 sub. I have done the big 3 with and extra ground so really big 4. Its fine now but don't want to push it by running the HDC 3 at 1 ohm and the 1400 should be about 1500 rms.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I just did a test fit of the 6.5 speakers. My Toyota has a pretty big bump out on the door so I cut out the stock grill plastic and press fit the speaker into it. I have T nuts and bolts to attatch it to the door panel. The magnet goes right into the center of the orig speaker location in the door. The tweeters will mount in the upper door. Doors are SD inside and out. Hope to have it all done just after the new year.

What kind of Toyota is it? And you say your mounting your speakers to to door panels? Not to the door or metal? Hmmm Take pics cause i dont think your going to like how that panels rattles and vibrates if those drivers are solid to your doors! Just my 2 cents!

I wont be installing anything until I get my new alt from DC. My stock alt is only 70 amps so I am already at about the limit running my CT 1400 at 2 ohms (700 rms) to my RE audio sex10D4 sub. I have done the big 3 with and extra ground so really big 4. Its fine now but don't want to push it by running the HDC 3 at 1 ohm and the 1400 should be about 1500 rms.

Not sure i would call this a small build, but rather a nice build. Those re xxx comps are sun nice as speakers and can really take some power. Shit ought to sound good and beat hard while doing it.

truthsayer

If that was your plan to mount them to plastic door panels i would rethink that. Too nice of equipment to not install them properly.

Ok so ya that was what I was thinking. Well I guess I could cut a pieced of MDF to cover the hole in the door itself, cut a hole for the magnet and then put a couple MDF rings on it to space it out. Then it would be attached to the door and not the door panel. I will have to install the grill to the plastic to cover the hole in the door panel.

Its a 99 Toyota Tacoma.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

There ya go, that'll work, just make sure to deaden the hell out of the door cavity! Also, you might want to treat (waterproof) the mdf so if it gets wet it doesn't mold and decompose in your doors over time.

The door is deadened inside and out. Just need to get to work on it. Might have time to work on it tomorrow after work. Get it all laid out and figure out how far I need to space it for it to work. May need to take a dremel to the inside of the door panel but not a big deal.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

That sounds much better. If your a little thick on the MDF to were the panel bulges out a little thats ok, better than having it to thin and space between. Nice tight fit with sound deadener and you'll be happy with yor install and system. Going back and redoing installs can suck and be even more time consuming. Take pics of your doors during install and share please. Good luck

Got to work on the door panels. I cut a piece of 3/4 " mdf to the shape of the door opening were the stock speaker went. Then cut two 3/4" speaker rings. I installed the piece on the door then put the door panel on with no clips to get the rings as centered as I could to the door panel itself. Marked it with a sharpie. I took it back off and glued and stapled the first ring to the door panel piece. Then I glued the final ring to the next and stapled it. Clamped it up and its drying. I traced the door panel piece for the other side, cut two more rings and the door panel piece. I will do them the next time I work on it. Here are pics of the one side glued and clamped.

th_20131224_113141_zpsx7saarfo.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived