My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Nice purchase! Matching equipment is always a plus in a build. I think you will be happy with it, and removal of the foam will probably help some. When you go to re-tune the system try the doors @ 60-80hz and the kick panels around 100hz and see how you like that. you will have to use the amp to adjust that frequency since your doors will be locked into the 60-80hz thru the HU.

4 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Nice purchase! Matching equipment is always a plus in a build. I think you will be happy with it, and removal of the foam will probably help some. When you go to re-tune the system try the doors @ 60-80hz and the kick panels around 100hz and see how you like that. you will have to use the amp to adjust that frequency since your doors will be locked into the 60-80hz thru the HU.

Didn't think about doing that with the amp. Good call...

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Who doesn't like Amazon Prime.... Damn ordered this amp yesterday and it shows up today free shipping. Hell ya!!!

This little amp is a beast. Putting out 411w total. Just over 200 per channel. Each tweet will be getting 100W. I will set the gains on the tweet amp using the 4khz 0db track.

20170217_151808_zpspcdpysx3.jpg

20170217_151619_zpsldyiolec.jpg

20170217_151638_zpsekwjjonl.jpg

20170217_151610_zpsc8rzvvcz.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Nice little amp. Ya that's super fast delivery! Lucky SOB! you might have to turn your gains down some after you dd-1 it w/ track 0. That's a bit of power to the tweeters active. You will know if it's to loud and harsh when you go to tune it. Easy to back the gains down some so you don't blow a tweeter or 4. lol

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Nice little amp. Ya that's super fast delivery! Lucky SOB! you might have to turn your gains down some after you dd-1 it w/ track 0. That's a bit of power to the tweeters active. You will know if it's to loud and harsh when you go to tune it. Easy to back the gains down some so you don't blow a tweeter or 4. lol

No DD-1 needed with this amp either. Has the RF clean system with built in Distortion Detector. Makes it real easy to set up. But yes the 4khz 0db track will be used to set the gain and will most likely be turned down a little.  

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

didn't get a chance today to install the amp in my truck. I was able to get the wifes car done though.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So today I installed the RF 300x2 amplifier. I was having trouble figuring out how to use the 5 channel amp to run all 4 door speakers. I used RCA splitters on the mid channel on the 80prs to the front and rear on the 5 channel. I was able to get all 4 channels working but do not have left and right control. I do have kick and door control using the balance adjustment. That is the only way I know of to use the deck to cross the doors at 50hz and the kicks to 100hz using the amp. While is was playing with the amp I blew the door pillar drivers side tweeter. Replacements are on their way. The RF p300x2 puts out too much power to wire two sets of tweets @ two ohms. I will just be running the door pillar tweets for now.

I still need to build a amp rack mount and do some serious wire management as soon as I get everything figured out.

No pics just because I am too tired. I was working on it all day. I had to remove the interior and both door panels. I ran new 16 gauge speaker wire for the door pillar tweets, and a run of 12 gauge for the door speaker. I used the 12 gauge wire ( that I had cut to wire the doors and kick together) for the tweeter in the kick. So both sides have 4 runs of speaker wire. Then I used 4 gauge for power and ground for the new amp and installed a remote turn on wire to the relay. I did use an inline fuse for the new amp. If I happen to want to run the kick tweets again I will wire them up in series so they will both be seeing 8ohms of power instead of 2 ohms. The amp puts out 206w @ 2 ohms so that's quite a bit for two tweeters. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So I have come to realize that having the tweeters in the sail panel is WAY better then down on the kick.  I want to now buy some 3" or 4" speakers and install them in the A pillar. I may just have the 3" and the tweet in A pillar. I know I love clean clear highs and I think that is what I am missing is the 3" or 4" mid range. The tweets can get a little harsh but should balance out well with a 3 or 4 inch.

So what I am going to do is make a couple baffles. One with the tweet and 3" and one with a tweet and 4" to see which one looks best in that location. Fabricating is in my future. LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Curious to see 2 amps installed....pics. Guess that means the other amp rack will be ditched to make a bigger one to hold both?

Also...been told to keep the mid/tweet close together when possible. Having same dilemma when come time to get the build going in my s10 and comps install in it.

Archived