My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

After doing some more research its not a good idea to wire a tweeter and a 3" mid speaker together. So what I will do is just install the new tweeters in the sail panel and call it a day.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, boomintahoe said:

Curious to see 2 amps installed....pics. Guess that means the other amp rack will be ditched to make a bigger one to hold both?

Also...been told to keep the mid/tweet close together when possible. Having same dilemma when come time to get the build going in my s10 and comps install in it.

I am going to build a rack that sits on the floor in front of the amp rack. It will be at a slight angle up and as close as I can get them and still have access to everything. They need to be close so the RCAs will reach. I just need to start building then I can get all the wires hidden. Right now its pretty messy so no pics of that crap. LOL

As far as tweeter placement. To me the tweets up higher moves the stage up from the kick and lower door. Only way to find out what sounds best is to move them around and see what sounds best to you. There is no set in stone in car audio as each vehicle is different. My wifes scion xb sounds real good with basic equipment just because of the size of the inside of the car. My truck is small inside so things are different. The sub can actually drown out midbass from the doors so I can play with crossover points to make it sound the best. All you can do is try and fail or try and win.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I got the tweeters today. Got them installed in the sail panel but not into the truck yet. Rewired my speakers to the amp so I have left and right control back. Then did the custom time alignment by measuring the speakers to the head rest. It works good that way.  I was sick yesterday but went to work but stayed home today. Might stay home one more day. Freaking sinuses this time. Last time I was sick a couple months ago it was my throat and chest. Hate this winter cold season so far. I did get my flu shot but that doesn't help from the common cold. Shit.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Takes me a bit to get through this thread but I do enjoy reading everything you try.  Sounds a lot like what I do constantly trying to get things sounding better and better and better.  Just know people are reading even if you just think you are thinking out loud, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

11 hours ago, Karkov said:

Takes me a bit to get through this thread but I do enjoy reading everything you try.  Sounds a lot like what I do constantly trying to get things sounding better and better and better.  Just know people are reading even if you just think you are thinking out loud, lol

Thank man. Yes I do think out loud a lot. I sit here at night and meditate on changes I can make that will help it sound better. The part I hate is when I come up with an idea and it turns out to be a step backwards. I guess that's part of the learning process.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I felt good enough to go to work today so when I got home I installed the new tweeters. I purchased a set of Alpine type S. I would of bought the R type but didn't really want to spend the money. The type S sound great. I can tell you having the tweeters up higher really adds volume and awesome highs to the system. Down in the kicks by themselves suck. I want to put them in A pillar pods cause I don't like the way they look in the sail panel. I really want to find a 3" speaker that can play the same range as the tweeters. Then I could put them in the A pillar together. I have the two sets of tweeters wired together @ 8 ohms. They are getting plenty of power. I hate to say it but I don't think I really need the two channel amp in my install. The 5 channel is plenty. I should have listened to Brett. I should of just kept the CT sounds wire @ 2ohm off the mid channel and the tweeters I could of wired them @ 8 ohms on the high channel and would of had plenty of power and head room. I might take out the 300X2 and put it away for a later build. Or if my wife wants more power I could install it in her car to run some components up front. Sometimes I get stubborn and just want to spend. What a dumb ass... LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ZI5HXW/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=177274631742&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6795223100055235614&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033382&hvtargid=kwd-11091684055&ref=pd_sl_1855o4v398_b

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Hey buddy, back from Vegas and sounds like you been busy on the build. You have a tough space to work with but it sounds like your moving in the right direction. I won a bit more than i took and we came back a couple days early. Burned out on Vegas after 4 days and was missing the dogs so we can home.

Keep up the good work and remember the GAINS can be turn down to suit your needs more rather than ditching equipment. But thats totally up to you. I still think you can find a driver to plat in the tweeter frequency's. Maybe a 2" instead of a 3" but i would have to look around myself.

Wife goes back to work Tuesday so we are enjoying our stay cation for now. I will continue on the Lancer when she goes back to work. 

Hey man glad you made it back safe. Ya Vegas can burn you out pretty quick. Always good to come back with more than you left with.

As far as the build. I have been researching small full range speakers. I looked through a 75pg thread on a site all about A pillar builds. Lots of kick ass builds out there. The speaker I want to try now is a peerless 3" . They make a 2" and 2 1/2" in this same speaker but I think the 3" will be best. Just don't want to go too small. Not cheap though. Would cost more for two than my CT sounds components.

http://www.parts-express.com/peerless-by-tymphany-ne95w-04-3-full-range-woofer--264-1058

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Oh and yes I did turn the gains down on both amps. That is what made me realize the 5 channel actually puts out enough power to run everything I have. Wiring every 5.25 to its own channel really does nothing better than wiring each side to 2ohms and running them off 1 channel per pair of speakers. Same with the tweeters right now. Wiring them to 8 ohms gives them plenty of power and volume to sound good. Don't need to over power tweeters. Most of the time you are running them at a -3 or more db.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived