oldsoundguy

My small build , DC M3-8 new box build Finished Pg57

1,033 posts in this topic

Ok I finished building my second box. This one is for my soundqubed hdc3 12 3/4 MDF screwed and glued. Two layers for the top to help support the heavy sub. 1" oak dowels for inside box support. Bondo all seams and screw holes. Sanded and painted with brown hammerite paint to match my tan interior. I also put on a couple of stickers for fun.

Box is 2.76 tuned to 35.3hrz

th_20131214_162719_zpssej941j4.jpg

Edited by oldsoundguy

Here are a couple of pics of my amps. The 1400 is installed and the 125.2 will be shortly. The 125 will be running my RE Audio 6.5 XXX component set.

th_20131207_161924_zpsq1tduglv.jpg

th_20131122_163051_zpsg3sdaleq.jpg

Edited by oldsoundguy

Ok here are pics of the subwoofer and component set.

Edited by oldsoundguy

Nice man! I'm getting the CT1400.1 next month and a CT60.4 a couple months later! Great company great great people, most all my build I'm starting next month is CT! Lookin forward to seeing all this installed in your ride man!

I set the sub in the box and marked the holes so I can install the T nuts. I bought aluminum bolts and copper washer for the speaker leads. Will install them after the paint has fully cured.

How do you like the xxx6.5c? How did you install them in the doors?

I have a set in my front doors running off front 2 channels of re audio ctx1000.4. I had them in pods (I built) in a IB setup. They are amazing drivers!!! However I've found they get "blobby" at high volume levels in the IB setup (doors deadened and sealed).

Just wondering if you've had the same issue, or what you've done to mount these bigguns!

Nice job on the equipment choices and build so far, keep us updated with pics often, cheers! :)

JN

Yay Pix finally haha looks great. I'm curious how you're gonna mount the xxx's they look big

1 person likes this

I would also like to see what you come up with for the xxx's, and impressions

So far I just did a test fit of the 6.5 speakers. My Toyota has a pretty big bump out on the door so I cut out the stock grill plastic and press fit the speaker into it. I have T nuts and bolts to attatch it to the door panel. The magnet goes right into the center of the orig speaker location in the door. The tweeters will mount in the upper door. Doors are SD inside and out. Hope to have it all done just after the new year.

I wont be installing anything until I get my new alt from DC. My stock alt is only 70 amps so I am already at about the limit running my CT 1400 at 2 ohms (700 rms) to my RE audio sex10D4 sub. I have done the big 3 with and extra ground so really big 4. Its fine now but don't want to push it by running the HDC 3 at 1 ohm and the 1400 should be about 1500 rms.

Edited by oldsoundguy
1 person likes this

So far I just did a test fit of the 6.5 speakers. My Toyota has a pretty big bump out on the door so I cut out the stock grill plastic and press fit the speaker into it. I have T nuts and bolts to attatch it to the door panel. The magnet goes right into the center of the orig speaker location in the door. The tweeters will mount in the upper door. Doors are SD inside and out. Hope to have it all done just after the new year.

What kind of Toyota is it? And you say your mounting your speakers to to door panels? Not to the door or metal? Hmmm Take pics cause i dont think your going to like how that panels rattles and vibrates if those drivers are solid to your doors! Just my 2 cents!

I wont be installing anything until I get my new alt from DC. My stock alt is only 70 amps so I am already at about the limit running my CT 1400 at 2 ohms (700 rms) to my RE audio sex10D4 sub. I have done the big 3 with and extra ground so really big 4. Its fine now but don't want to push it by running the HDC 3 at 1 ohm and the 1400 should be about 1500 rms.

x2 what he said ^^^^

I had mine attached to just my door panel on pods and the whole door panel vibrates like crazy!!! And the drivers don't perform as well or handle as much power as they were designed to.

1 person likes this

Not sure i would call this a small build, but rather a nice build. Those re xxx comps are sun nice as speakers and can really take some power. Shit ought to sound good and beat hard while doing it.