oldsoundguy

My small build , DC M3-8 new box build Finished Pg57

858 posts in this topic

So what does it look like now?? Any help would be appreciated.

I never finished those in the pic bc of the sound issues I had. So I decided to rethink it, and in the midst of redoing them. I'm going with sealed pods (approx .25 cubes) attached to the plastic panel, similar concept as my first, only I'm taking the door cavity out of the equation.

Here's a pic of where I'm at so far.. Base mold

1AB110E2-761C-4DE3-94F2-E8B88D3B6137.jpg

If I could do it all over I would do it the way you are thinking, it's much simpler and bigger airspace to work with, but since I cut my door panels up and like fiberglassing, it'll be trial n error til I find what I like.

From what I have been able to find, it seems they work "best" in sealed (.25 - .45 cubes) off-axis, with tweets on-axis. But like I said alot of the info is mixed.

Edited by JNells
2 people like this

So your first attempt was to just attach them to the door panels and not the door?

yes thats what he warned you about when i warned you, your first idea of mounting them to JUST the panel was no good, But if the MDF is secured to the door and speakers thru panel secured to MDF you would have a better sound with less rattle.

1 person likes this

yes thats what he warned you about when i warned you, your first idea of mounting them to JUST the panel was no good, But if the MDF is secured to the door and speakers thru panel secured to MDF you would have a better sound with less rattle.

Cool... Ok so I am doing the right thing. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

So your first attempt was to just attach them to the door panels and not the door?

Yes, with the motor going into the oem speaker cavity, and into the metal door cavity. However I didn't have a tight seal between the plastic panel and the metal (like BC is saying), if I had, I might of been ok. but rather than half ass it I decided to just redo it.

Good, glad you're on the right track! Want to see what you come up with.

Edited by JNells

Ya check out what hes done on his doors now...It gonna be sick and work great. Your on the right track, keep up the good work and pics a coming.

Ok I did some test fitting of the speaker rings / spacers. I like the way it fits and its very solid. Next is to fit the door panel over the speaker by trimming it little by little to try my best to make it fit well. Oh and repeat these steps to the other side. :)

Here are some pics.

th_20131224_110340_zpsx2vqmvzb.jpg

Edited by oldsoundguy

looks great, welcome back!

tell us how those components sound . people been talking about them lately.

Here are more.

th_20131224_110243_zpsjqtpveap.jpg

Edited by oldsoundguy

So I sent a return request through amazon for my CT 125.2 I want to return it and get the 125 4 channel instead. Gives me more options to expand...

Looking good! Bet you can't wait to hear em

1 person likes this