My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Going all out on this box... NIce!!!!

Ya I figure I should try to do something different. I keep seeing all the custom boxes on this site and just feel my few boxes are just mediocre in comparison.

I think with the polycarbonate, white paint inside and led it will take it to the next level. Now I just need to decide what to do with the outside of the box. I see

quite a few boxes by Steve that are bed liner but I am not sure I like just a plane black box.

You know I may use your idea of color matching the seat covers. I could do the texture tan paint I used on my 2 12" sub box and get some textured black for the sides.

HHHMMMM I think I have my colors. Who knows it might look cool. I will have to do my amp rack too but maybe just all black on that one.

Well I don't think I will use the same texture paint. I want to use a paint I can roll on and stay away from the spray can. I will do more research.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

More box building update. I was able to get the first baffle flush cut to the box, cut out the speaker hole and got the window cut out.

Tomorrow I am hoping to be able to cut the top baffle and get both of the baffles installed.

20161207_131757_001_zpsuqgnih2z.jpg

20161207_131810_zpslyymyzrp.jpg

20161207_131839_zpsjsslpwnr.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Worked on the baffle and window today. I came up with a better idea to have a more sturdy place to mount the 1/2" poly window. The way I had it I would only have about 1/4" of material to set the poly window on. So I took a piece of 1/2" birch and cut it 3/4" bigger than the poly cutout on the 3/4" baffle. That way I can just set it on the 1/2" birch with a 3/4" lip. I will put down foam tape that I have and stick it to that lip, then I will put another layer on top and that should be enough to sandwich it in between the two baffles and be all sealed up. Also the 1/2" birch I installed on the back side is nice and tight to the inside of the box so it slips right inside and when its all dry I can install the top and glue and nail that piece from the side to make it more stable.

This is turning out to be one hell of a box for a little 8 inch sub. Damn thing better sound good. LOL

20161208_135535_zps14vuabno.jpg

20161208_135550_zpsz93hvnso.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

This is from post 644 :)

11.5 H

26 L

10.5 D

Gross volume 1.28

Net volume .76 this is after sub and bracing displacement.

Physical port length 30.25"

Tuning is 36.15 HZ

Port height 9"

Port width 1.5"

Port area 13.50

Port area per foot 17.85

Port ratio 1:6

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

sounds pretty close to mine should do anything you want.i cant remember mine exactly but its sitting right next to my bed and bugging the shit out of me to get it playing again

What do you need to get it going again?

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

More box updates!! So my polycarbonate was supposed to be delivered today but with the snow we got its been delayed. That has given me time to be creative with my box build. I painted the inside again with gloss white just because I touched up the port and got overspray in there. Doh!! Anyway the white paint I orig used was shell white so not really bright so I painted with gloss white. Then my wife saw the top baffle and said she liked the burnt edges that the router put in the round over. So I took my torch lighter and burned the edges. Looks pretty cool. Then I stuck the DC sticker to the end of the box and burned around it. The box is black with the top and side will be clear gloss. I did a practice piece with the clear and it looks awesome. As soon as the polycarbonate gets here and the led lights I can install the top baffle and get it cleared. I have a couple coats of flat clear on the baffle now just as a sealer because I had some left over. I still need to glue the baffle on and will get some glue squeeze so nothing final until that happens. Whew I think I have a buzz from all the painting today.. LOL

Here are some pics. Getting close :)

20161209_185005_zpspxegkqa6.jpg

20161209_185017_zpsjtod5bd3.jpg

20161209_185031_zpszcp7y08h.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived