My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well I took the wife out to the truck for a little demo. She likes the box, LEDs and the sound. I was surprised by her reaction. Usually she doesn't GAF so this is cool.

I gave it just over half volume on a song that gets pretty low and this sub nailed it. Sounds amazing compared to the SQ sub. But to be fair there was a manufacture defect in the SQ sub and it was in a much bigger box 1.7 gross and 1.25 net tuned to 39hz. 17.5"x20"x11.5 "

So when I get the SQ sub back I will be able to do a real world back to back comparison of the two 8" subs in the same enclosure and the same power. Then I will post my honest results. I am real curious to see if I can hear a difference. Anyway stay tuned for that coming up sometime after Christmas.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now the next change to my system will be the doors. Right now I have a set of RE audio XXX 6.5's and two sets of soundqubed tweets in each door running through the RE audio crossovers. I do have a set of soundqubed 2way coax in each door but they are not wired up. They are just filling the space for now. I had planned on doing work to the doors using the REs but now I have other plans.

I just now purchased a set of CT Sounds Meso 5.25 component set. I want to make the front door pods smaller just because the speaker location to the rear is blocked by my seats a little. I will be able to make the pod smaller and have more room. I also want to install a tweeter set in the A pillar and a set in the upper door. I will take the two soundqubed tweets out of the upper door and build a single tweet pod and install either the CT sounds tweet or the RE audio tweet. The other one will go in the A pillar. If for some reason the CT sounds set sounds equal or better than the RE audio I may purchase another set and make a nice smaller dual 5.25 pod for each door. Then split the tweets up the same as above. Who knows now as my mind is racing with ideas now that the sub and amp are 100% done and installed. :)

This part may go a bit slower but stay tuned for updates and pics of new stuff coming. :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Box turned out really good. Fits the interior well and i really like the black parts, woofer, side of box & amp. Then the burnt wood affect flows nicely with the black and tan.

Door layout sounds good, especially the a-pillar plan for the twt's. I bet those Meso's would sound decent too. Been so long since i had or seen a 5.25 i forgot how small they are. If your doors and pillars turn out half as good as your sub and amp rack system should sound hella good. Our build directions are in a similar stage where we both want loud as fuck now we are scaling back for Quality. I just happen to have two systems i am working on at different spectrum's.

Box turned out really good. Fits the interior well and i really like the black parts, woofer, side of box & amp. Then the burnt wood affect flows nicely with the black and tan.

Door layout sounds good, especially the a-pillar plan for the twt's. I bet those Meso's would sound decent too. Been so long since i had or seen a 5.25 i forgot how small they are. If your doors and pillars turn out half as good as your sub and amp rack system should sound hella good. (Our build directions are in a similar stage where we both wanted loud as fuck now we are scaling back for Quality). I just happen to have two systems i am working on at different spectrum's.

Exactly!!

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Door layout sounds good, especially the a-pillar plan for the twt's. I bet those Meso's would sound decent too. Been so long since i had or seen a 5.25 i forgot how small they are. If your doors and pillars turn out half as good as your sub and amp rack system should sound hella good. (Our build directions are in a similar stage where we both wanted loud as fuck now we are scaling back for Quality). I just happen to have two systems i am working on at different spectrum's.

Exactly!!

I know right!!! i guess it happens at our age. Doesnt matter though just fun as hell building.

Exactly!!

I know right!!! i guess it happens at our age. Doesnt matter though just fun as hell building.

I like the building process, planning, creating and trying different things. Plus it gives me an excuse to buy new tools and crap like that.. LOL

I have learned so much more by doing it myself. I have guys at work tell me all the time " damn dude you know a lot about car stereos, how did you learn all that stuff".

I tell them all the same thing. I freaking read, read, research, research, build, fail, build and most of all have fun. And no I wont build you a system until you know how it all works then I will or can help you through it. No one has stepped up yet.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok here we go with the first update on the front doors. I just purchased a set of door panels off of Ebay from a wrecking yard in Cali. Got both RH and LH side for 165 shipped for the set. They are exact color replacments and are not cut up at all. That will give me way more options on speaker placement and I can do some fiberglassing to the doors and remove the MDF wood door panel I made. Danm this is fun.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok here we go with the first update on the front doors. I just purchased a set of door panels off of Ebay from a wrecking yard in Cali. Got both RH and LH side for 165 shipped for the set. They are exact color replacments and are not cut up at all. That will give me way more options on speaker placement and I can do some fiberglassing to the doors and remove the MDF wood door panel I made. Danm this is fun.

Hell ya.... With some brand new panels that leaves a shit ton of options open to you. If I had it all over to do in the Lancer i would do a killer 3-way on the doors, or at least mids and highs up high on the panel with midbass in the kicks. Kinda why i am doing the a-pillars in the Malibu so i can see a sound stage comparison. Malibu is badass IMO on the SQ setup. Just keep trying to improve it. Car will be mine someday.

Ya I don't want to make too many decisions yet of what to do with the door panels but I have many more options like you said. I need to do this right so I am not wasting door panels. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived