My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Been doing a bunch of internet searching and found a cool vid from CAF about using pvc sheets to make speaker rings. Mark used the stock speaker mount to make a new 1/4" thick ABS sheet to mount the rings onto. Then using foam rings to seal to the door panel for better midbass. This will allow me to remove all the MDF from my door. I have had problems with moisture so this should cure that problem, help the sound and allow me to use the stock door panels for a stock door look.

This is part of the fun of all of this. The planning stage, putting together a list of everything you need, finding the best prices and material. Cant wait as I get restless when I get a plan to do something and don't have the time or money to get it all going. LOL That's when things start to get out of control because I change my mind a lot. lol

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the nature of not cutting up my truck or modifying stock panels and such I found this option for tweeters. Its a stock tweeter pod for the 4runner that can be modified to fit my truck and look stock. I would really like to run two sets of tweeters but I will try this first before I try to build tweeter pods in my A pillars. I don't want to mount them where I have them now in the upper door as that would require cutting the new to me uncut door panels I ordered. More research

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/142186342726?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Can you say FOCUSED! lol One thing i keep in mind is when i built the Lancer to be stock looking i wasnt happy with it. So i think i will always have to fabricate panels for best speaker location. Those sails look cool if you can make them work. save time from fabing up yours.

Right now its just the excitment of changing things around. The one thing I dont like about the door panels I made is the use of MDF and I have grown to not like the layout of them. I also dont like the double tweets in the upper door. I may end up making tweeter pods for the A pillars but I need to first recieve the CT sounds 5.25s and see how they perform. I may need to change things up but like I said the excitment has me thinking out loud right now. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I just purchased the tweeter pods that I posted. That will make the install much easier.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I went down to the garage today where I have all my stock interior parts that I have taken out stored. I still have the stock front door speaker mounts. I will be able to make an exact copy of each out of ABS and PVC rings. IMO the 5.25 component set should fit perfect in that location and be able to use the acoustic foam rings to help with the sound.

I am not sure of the power rating of the meso 5.25 component set. I keep seeing pics of the back of the speaker and it say 60w rms. Their website says 100w per side so who knows really? https://www.ct-sounds.com/products/speakers/meso-series/meso-5-25-component-set.html

The P1000x5 Rockford puts out 75w x4 @ 4ohms RMS. It puts out 125w x4 @ 2ohms. There is no power rating for it bridged but it does say its 4 ohm stable bridged. Does that mean @ 4 ohms bridged it puts out 150w x2 ? Guess I need to do some searching or send Rockford an email and ask.

Well that didn't take long. The amp is rated at 250 x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged. Damn that might be too much power for these.

Looks like they will each get 75 W RMS then.

If they are under rated I may be able to run them bridged. Wonder if they can take it if I feed them good clean power? I guess we will see.

The amp make good power but my RE audio XXX are 2ohm sets and this amp isn't 2ohm stable bridged. HHMMM So I only have them run to channels 1 & 2 so they are seeing 125 w and they are rated for much more than that.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The 100w per a side rating for the CT sounds components is probably including the tweeter and crossover. feed the crossover 100w, and it will distribute the necessary power for the driver and tweeter.

They should be able to take 250w clean per side. Crossed over around 60hz or 80hz. The rating on the speakers is rms but music is dynamic and as long as you are not trying to crank pink noise you should be fine. Only turn them up until they complain. The gains in headroom will be amazing.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Well today was speaker day for me. The CT Sounds Meso 5.25 component set showed up. Damn talk about fast shipping. Ordered them Friday night and they came today. Very impressed with how fast that was. OK on to the speakers. They are beefy little suckers. Huge magnet and stiff suspension. I also like the different mounting options they supply with the tweeters. The RMS rating on the back of the speakers is 50w so I am sure the tweets added to that makes up for the rest?? Not really sure but I know one thing is I will beat the crap out of them LOL.

Then about a 1/2 hour after that my Soundqubed replacement 8" sub showed up. Wasn't expecting that just because I never got a tracking number. Nice surprise though.

Next is I put in a on off switch for the led lights in the sub box. Just so I have the ability to turn them off. All I have to do is reach back with my left hand and hit the hidden switch.

Here are the pics of everything. Its hard to see the switch but I drilled a 1" hole and press fit it in the side of the amp rack.

20161219_141851_zpsc94zxj2b.jpg

20161219_143307_zpspnrunj4w.jpg

20161219_143315_zpsx96k50hb.jpg

20161219_143326_zpsjerac3j4.jpg

20161219_143338_zpsrqdocsjc.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived