My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

My new used door panels showed up today. They look to be in good condition. I will take them apart and paint the plastic were the speaker grill is black. Then I will strip the fabric off the rest of the panel and find something to wrap it in. The door panels are flat where the fabric is so it should be an easy wrap job. Just need to do some fabric shopping. It will have to be close to the tan color of the interior so it still looks stockish. I will leave the top part of the door panel alone because the vinyl is in good condition.

I was also thinking of modifying the door panel were the stock speaker grill is. I was thinking of cutting out a nice round hole and attach the CT sounds grill to it somehow so when I put the door panel on it looks cool. It will not be attached to the speaker at all its just for looks. The speaker will be mounted directly to the door itself of course.

Wish I would of kept these pieces from my old door panels but I threw them away like a dumb ass.

Next I have to see how much room I have after the speaker is installed. The window needs to roll down and the speaker needs to fit behind the door panel. But first I have to have time (which I will make time for this) and get the door crap I have on there now off. I think I will need at least two weekends to get everything done. I just don't want to be without music because I am driving 2 + hours a day to work. Hmm may take some time management and planning.

Let the fun begin. Yah!!!

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is a quick preview of the door panels. The beigh plastic you see the speaker grill on will be painted black. I will screw the grill directly to the panel and will reinforce it from the back. Then cut out the stock grill. Then the speaker will be attached to the new ABS mount and PVC speaker ring. The fast ring should press up against the outter part of the grill if I get everything posistion right. Should look good. The speaker grill fits the door panel perfect.

20161221_192624_zpswzozpz9g.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

That will look good. May i suggest to use screws and nuts for mounting so it can be changed out when you upgrade those speakers! lol

Yes LOL I will use machine screws with nuts and washers...

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

That will look good. May i suggest to use screws and nuts for mounting so it can be changed out when you upgrade those speakers! lol

Yes LOL I will use machine screws with nuts and washers...

I was never happy with having my RF P38's wired to 8 ohms so i rewired driver side to 2 ohm and man did the midbass come alive. T400-4 puts out about 130 watts at 8 ohms but now they are seeing about 275 watts rms. T400 puts out some power. Thats close to 600 watts. I have the T400 stereo Bridged to 2 0hm, beastly little amp.

The CT component set I checked and everything is reading 3.5 ohms. I should probably wire in the RE tweets I have into the component set just so I can divide up the bridged power a little more. Plus I like the highs just as much as the bass. The rockford amp puts out a shit ton of power bridged so I will defenalty be over powering the set but will adjust accordingly. My P1000x5 isnt 2 ohm stable bridged. It is 4 ohm stable and puts out 250W x2 @ 4 ohms. Ya talk about power @ 4 ohms. I need to be carefull or I will be buying a new component set soon. LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

More good news on the work front.

A few weeks ago I wrapped up the largest legal Cannabis grow op on the west coast. :) Yes I actually did quit smoking weed during that job. Anyway I brought the job in under labor so the company is giving me a paid day off on Friday. That is a big deal at our company.

The Job I am running now is WWU up in Bellingham and is their big GYM remodel. We have a bunch of different ceiling systems we are installing. I am finally getting full Foreman wages which is 45 an hour. Its about damn time. Plus so far I haven't had to put on my tools. I have two apprentices working for me and I tell them what to do. Love it.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The CT component set I checked and everything is reading 3.5 ohms. I should probably wire in the RE tweets I have into the component set just so I can divide up the bridged power a little more. Plus I like the highs just as much as the bass. The rockford amp puts out a shit ton of power bridged so I will defenalty be over powering the set but will adjust accordingly. My P1000x5 isnt 2 ohm stable bridged. It is 4 ohm stable and puts out 250W x2 @ 4 ohms. Ya talk about power @ 4 ohms. I need to be carefull or I will be buying a new component set soon. LOL

Ya that would be a good idea. Punch are 4 ohm bridged stable and Power is 2 ohm Bridged stable. 273 watts @ 4 ohm, they dont give a 2 ohm rating so i figure its part of the constant power feature and does about the same watts in 2 ohms.

More good news on the work front.

A few weeks ago I wrapped up the largest legal Cannabis grow op on the west coast. :) Yes I actually did quite smoking weed during that job. Anyway I brought the job in under labor so the company is giving me a paid day off on Friday. That is a big deal at our company.

The Job I am running now is WWU up in Bellingham and is their big GYM remodel. We have a bunch of different ceiling systems we are installing. I am finally getting full Foreman wages which is 45 an hour. Its about damn time. Plus so far I haven't had to put on my tools. I have two apprentices working for me and I tell them what to do. Love it.

Hell ya man, that awesome man, years of hard work paying off now. Glad to hear of the promotion.

Archived