My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Set my gains and crossovers. Sounds better and louder....

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

A buddy of mine will be bringing his work van over so I can set his gains and crossovers on his sub amp.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

How far off were your gains from the dd.1/cc.1 gains?

well I had them set according to my clip light on the gain knob that came with my amp. I was able to turn the gain up a touch with the DD-1 as the clip light on the gain knob came on first. Then I think what made a big difference was setting the cross over to the exact settings instead of guessing. I was pretty far off on them also. Then getting the subsonic perfect. So everything together made the difference not just being able to set the gain a touch up from were it was.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Had some time today to work on my door panels. I was able to get the pass door spacers fitted and glued. Then I moved to the drivers door. I installed the spacer I built and started cutting the door panel a little bit at a time. I got it pretty close but you can see the spacer sticks out on the one side of the panel. I will have to add some fiberglass to the door panel and blend it in nice. I will do that this summer when it gets warmer out. So for now it will do. I was able to get the tweet fitted also. Everything is ready on the drivers side. I did take the spacer off and put a few coats of clear on it to seal the mdf from moisture. As soon as the other side dries I can get that side fitted. Most likely this weekend. Here are some pics of the progress today.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Iam thinking I will cut another trim ring that is about 1/6th bigger than the speaker cover. Cut the door panel a little more so the ring will be flush with the front of the speaker grill. Then I can glass to that. Then I can cover it in some kind of vinyl so when the panel goes back on it will look like the speaker is inset and will be a nice fit.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

How far off were your gains from the dd.1/cc.1 gains?

well I had them set according to my clip light on the gain knob that came with my amp. I was able to turn the gain up a touch with the DD-1 as the clip light on the gain knob came on first. Then I think what made a big difference was setting the cross over to the exact settings instead of guessing. I was pretty far off on them also. Then getting the subsonic perfect. So everything together made the difference not just being able to set the gain a touch up from were it was.

You may have just sold me on the cc.1! That's been a big thorn in my side, have been tweaking it but just can't seem to find that sweet spot...

Doors look good so far, looks like it will function well too. Now you just have to beautify it. Haha. Interested to see what you come up with.

My 125.4 showed up today. Need to work on the pass door panel but am tired right now so will maybe do some work on it this weekend. New HU will be here tomorrow and another set of RCAs for the rear set of speakers. Will have a complete new system (well the CT sounds 1400 is in now but its new) installed soon.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Right on sounds like a merry christmas to you as well. I got $500 for christmas to help buy a T1500 amp to upgrade what i have now. I will be ordering that soon for the next big upgrades i have planned. Get them door speakers finished and make a video.

Archived