My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well I found out I get to work overtime tomorrow. Thats means I get about 250 in my pocket to spend. I also am getting a refund of 96 from soundqubed for the 8 inch subwoofer I sent back. 

So I have been thinking of buying a higher end component set for my truck. I am looking at the T252-S which is the same set steve just put in the 99 yota build. Do you think it's worth the price for this set say compared to jbl gto509c which I can get two sets of and have money left over. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well I found out I get to work overtime tomorrow. Thats means I get about 250 in my pocket to spend. I also am getting a refund of 96 from soundqubed for the 8 inch subwoofer I sent back. 

So I have been thinking of buying a higher end component set for my truck. I am looking at the T252-S which is the same set steve just put in the 99 yota build. Do you think it's worth the price for this set say compared to jbl gto509c which I can get two sets of and have money left over. 

Thats a tough call. You just have to ask yourself what the end goal is. How good do you want it to sound? You have experience with a few brands so are you wanting to step it up to the next level? Rockford is good, you have to get into the T3-T5 line to be great and as much as those speakers are you can get better IMO.

I say save up and get some badass shit they you wont have to replace again. I am working tomorrow as well, about a $400 OT day for me, plus a couple days next week So it will be closer to 2k for a paycheck. Glad you got a full refund from SQ.

Well my pay would be more but I am making 9 bucks an hour less on Saturday now that I put 6 bucks an hour in my 401k.  I want to max it out at 8 bucks an hour in another year  so damn that would be 12 less on saturday. More money for the future. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

26 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Well my pay would be more but I am making 9 bucks an hour less on Saturday now that I put 6 bucks an hour in my 401k.  I want to max it out at 8 bucks an hour in another year  so damn that would be 12 less on saturday. More money for the future. 

Hell ya brother! at our age its all about the retirement! Been union for 18 yrs and currently my retirements worth $2800 a month. So 5 more years will help add to that and might take the early out out 50. If the Vegas thing fails! ha ha

Wow I have been in the carpenters union for 25 years and I am at the same monthly retirement. They just froze that account and started a new plan that will benefit the younger guys but not too good for us that plan to retire in the next 5 10 years. I will loose out on at least 300 a month and in the old plan we could buy credits in our pension at retirement using our 401k to raise our monthly benefit. Thats gone now so I plan on trying to make it up by putting as much as I can into the 401k and roll it over into something that I can draw on later. After retirement we can work 480 hours per year in our trade. I will do that until either my body won't let me or when I can collect social security (if it's still there) and medicare. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I feel ya man! Wages in our fields are pretty high up here in this hell hole! -20 yesterday, heat wave today @ 5 degrees. But calling for a foot of snow tonight so ya.....

I can retire, draw it and come back to work each summer and then draw retirement in the winter but i will be 46 this summer, my work is hard as fuck and dangerous too. I am usually anywhere between 10-16 feet deep in the ground putting utilities in. I  have been 28' before. You have to be half nuts or have spider senses at those depth. I an a small gut too, 5' 8" and 145 lbs but i hang with big dogs if you know what i mean.

If i where to move up to pipe foreman i would possible stay in the field a bit longer to build more retirement but to be honest after 24 yrs kinda burned out. Would love to retire and open up a small car audio shop or do it from my home. Dream big or go home right. 

Thats crazy working underground like that. I get to walk stilts sometimes. Lol and sometimes have to install ceilings as high as you go low. 

I am pretty burned out after 25 years but getting close. I will be 50 this year. We have an 80 and out at 55 with 100% retirement. I cant wait until I only have to work 3 months a year and make the same as I would working all year.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Alright testing my new keyboard. It works. YAAAA!!!!.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

36 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Alright testing my new keyboard. It works. YAAAA!!!!.

Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Now work for me today, dumped 10" in 18 hrs so the tent we where working under collapsed and they dont want to fix it until monday so back to work tuesday. Bummer, work is interrupting my projects.

Anything new on build? get any foam installed?  

I am going to see if I can get the re audio xxx 6.5 to fit in the doors in the stock location without cutting the door panel. I really need to be running this set of speakers as they have a ton of mid bass. The CTs just are not cutting it. Even if I installed the CLF and door panel the CTs will never sound as good as the RE's. So that is the new plan. Utilize what I have. If all goes well with the RE's then I will think about maybe putting the CT sounds 5.25's in the kicks using a set of the Q-logic kick panels for ease of installation.

I would really like to save some money and buy a 80prs again so I can have more control over my front stage.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived