My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

No the tweeters don't sound good.... Unhooking them and will build pods for the Faital pro 3". Done and done.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

anything new on the build?

No not yet. I know I need to do some tuning though. I have been playing with the crossover settings on the amp but I think I may need to do some playing with the EQ. I don't like the auto EQ feature on the 80prs so either do it my self or find a shop with an RTA.

I think one problem with the auto EQ right now is that with the HU set on standard mode the highs are on the rear channel so It may be thinking the dash speakers are rear fill and not tuning them correctly. I think I will see what will happen if I switch back to Network mode and see if it will auto eq better that way. I will have to switch the RCA's around so the fronts are now on the rear channel of the amp (highs) and the rears will now be the mid bass channel so the 4 channels of the amp will play the kicks and doors together. Then I can pass the crossovers on the HU and still use the amplifier. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So in my quest to find the best sound for my truck I purchased a set of

Peerless by Tymphany 830656 5-1/4" Paper Cone SDS Woofers from parts express to install in place of the 4" Faital pros in the kicks. I feel the system needs more bass or mid bass coming from the front. I don't think the 4" faital pros do a good enough job and would be more suited in an A pillar build and rather than in a kick panel.

They are not expensive speakers so just more of a test to see if I can add to the sound quality of the front stage.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Sounds good man... Post some pics of the new speakers!

I have been wondering why you been so quiet lately. Ha Ha You been working on changing it up. Right on man! 

23 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Sounds good man... Post some pics of the new speakers!

I have been wondering why you been so quiet lately. Ha Ha You been working on changing it up. Right on man! 

Work has been busy and I have been driving 150 miles round trip to work so not a lot of time to do anything. I have been playing the system and learning what settings sound best.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

23 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

That's a healthy daily drive. Lots of listening time though. Look forward to see what you come up with.

Ya I don't mind it because its against traffic both ways so set cruise control and sit back. I had her slamming today. The weather is awesome and window down volume on 45 and bass knob at 100%.

Tracking says peerless 5.25s will be here Friday.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I wonder what the 4" and 3" faital pros would sound like wired together would sound like on the dash? Or just the 4" in place of the 3"? HHMMM might have to check it out. I guess it just depends on what the 5.25 midbass woofers sound like in the kick. The 4" might sound better on the dash just because I am lacking midbass from the front stage so I could play the 4" a bit lower than the 3's. I guess it just depends on how high the 4's can play. If they cant play high enough I could incorporate the tweets again and play them with the 4's. Well its fun to play so why the hell not.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Those long drives got you thinking. That's cool, tuned into to what sounds good to you. I like a lot of mid-bass as well.

Archived