My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Ok I will start with

I am 46 years old and love loud bass pounding music. I listen to ICP, Lamb of god, killswitch engaged ect, I had a small system in 1994 in a 82 Toyota pick up. It was two 8" subs, 6 " door with tweets and a RF punch amp. Yes back then we had cassett decks. Anyway it was stolen and I swore I would never put another system in a car or truck of mine again. Well fast forward to today and I have a problem. I cant get enough and its getting out of hand but its fun.

So next thing that I did was went to Car Toys for a system and install in my now 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab pu. I know I should of done my research first cause I paid way to much for way to little that I could have done on my own. Any way I got a pioneer deck which is decent, alpine type s door speakers, alpine 45 watt 4 channel HU booster amp, a JBL 500 W 10 " in a box and a JBL 400.1 amp. It cost well I am embarrassed to say but it was 1000 bucks installed. Ok so then I joined this site and started researching and found lots of great info. I realized I paid wayyy toooo much for what I have. I checked all the work they did and they wired my amp with 10 gauge wire when the amp clearly states that at lest 8 gauge is required. My RCAs are about 25 feet long and all bundled up behind the deck. I bought new ones that are about 9 feet. Holy crap I could of done all this myself. I ran all new 4 gauge power and ground wire. Did the big 4 upgrade with 1/0 wire.
Any way I purchased a kenwood 500.1d mono amp to run the JBL. I soon fried that sub as there was too much power going to it. I had it replaced with a new one on warranty. I realized this sub sucked. I purchased a 10 RE audio SEX10D4 sub and made my own ported box. It sound pretty good but electrical is lacking.
Well I ordered a crappy alt and ended up sending it back and ordering a DC alt. Its still on its way and really cant wait. I installed a new Duralast platinum gell cell deep cycle batter.
So after looking on this site I wanted a bigger mono amp to run the RE and have room to grow so I ordered the CT sounds 1400 which does pretty good power. I have it running the sub right now and it does sound great but still not loud enough. Also the door speakers don't sound that great either.
Now Iam in deep so I just went for it and ordered a soundqubed HDC12 to run off my CT amp at 1 ohm. I built a new box for it that's 2.7 tuned at 35.5. Its on its way. That should satisfy my need for bass I hope.
Then yesterday I ordered a CT sounds 125.2 to run my front speakers as the little 45 w amp just isn't getting it. Then just tonight I ordered a set of RE audios XXX 6.5 component set for the front. That combined with the new amp should sound great. I will put the alpine in the rear speaker holes and run them off the 45 w amp and just fade more to the front.

Well that's were I am right now with my truck. Its crazy how much it has changed in the last couple months and how quick you get used to the sound and want more and more and more. I really don't want a system that shakes my truck apart but want to impress people who hear it. I think I am getting close to my goal.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take some pics soon but I just received my RE audio 6.5 component set. They look like little subwoofers. I also received my new HDC 3 12 soundqubed subwoofer. Wow this this looks impressive. Also just received my CT sounds 125.2 to run the Re audio set. My CT sounds 1400 will run the sub. I think this should sound pretty good in my little truck.

I was working on making spacer rings out of MDF but was getting inconsistent results from my jig saw so I bought a jasper router circle jig to use with my buddies router so I can cut perfect rings. Then I will continue the speaker install. I already know how much I need to space it so as soon as I get the tool I should be good to go.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

i wanna c pixxxxx

and that is a huge leap in a couple months i see a full out wall in your future my guess is 3 more months haha and that box seems like its a bit on the large side for a 12

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

i wanna c pixxxxx

and that is a huge leap in a couple months i see a full out wall in your future my guess is 3 more months haha and that box seems like its a bit on the large side for a 12

WOW do you know me??? LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

no i dont know u lol just a guess

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

Sounds like a great system, pics and vids for sure!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Ok tomorrow I will take pics...

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Pix?

Archived