DC Sound Lab

Box for 2 Lvl 6 15s

I'm not sure I see why you couldn't do a BP with a lvl6 either. I mean, I use my 4th for excursion restriction purposes only (In fact I think sundown uses the same practice in their van), so even if they're stupidly stiff and wouldn't like a bandpass it's still good to prevent them from bottoming out. If they're going on 5k a pop, I don't think over excursion would be an issue. In fact I don't see it being an issue on anything under 10k lmao.

thats completely wrong

Is it? I was under the impression that the sealed section brought down frequency response and cone excursion. The smaller the chamber the smaller the excursion, but the less low end response. In fact I think I have a graph in WinISD illustrating this... What is the case if not this? Not trying to be an ass, trying to learn. (:

should have specified i was talking about the over excursion

Whew, thought I had missed some huge new discovery in enclosure design. I don't have any personal experience with lvl6's, just took a quick look at the specs, and made a conjecture. My mistake I suppose.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Gotcha. Yeah, enclosure design is ridiculously important, in fact I'd say it's literally the most important thing. I dunno what kind of enclosure you could build to make them reach limits on 1k (Infinite baffle?) but I'm sure it could be done. Well anyway, good luck with the build, hope all goes well!

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Gotcha. Yeah, enclosure design is ridiculously important, in fact I'd say it's literally the most important thing. I dunno what kind of enclosure you could build to make them reach limits on 1k (Infinite baffle?) but I'm sure it could be done. Well anyway, good luck with the build, hope all goes well!

My question as well. 1k will bottom out these subs?

I would hope to Christ a Level 6 had beefy enough spiders to handle 1K in ANY size box. Shit, free air I'd think even....

Edit- Will - No disrespect sir, I know you know that product line

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok Im not even going to bother reading pages 2 and 3, I am seeing so much on page 1 that makes no sense at all.

First off the Level 6 is FAR from a burp only sub, not clue where that came from.

Secondly, 5ft3 per sub for a 15? I love when people who dont know the product seem to be experts on the subject.

Lets get down to actually answering your question. The subs are dual 2 ohm and will be on a 5k per sub. 3.5-3.75ft3 net per sub. I see so many people lately suggesting these HUGE amounts of port area and just dont quite understand that. 15in2 per 1ft3 has treated me well and always sounded good.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

lvl 6s are great musical subs and perform great in bandpasses, i know this for a fact , might want to add some bracing in side that box now what are you planning on power, do not put that sub in 4.5 cubes it will tear itself apart

Odd, i was told no BP for l6's.. lol...

These particular subs were actually built with a 4th order in mind.

Jan the box design you have looks just fine.

would mainly be anything rap and c+s music. Not sure on the frequency though, haven't grasped that concept of figuring out the frequencies lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.