Second Skin Audio

Help with Eclipse subs.

xstanfordx

What up guys? I recently bought a pair of two ten inch eclipse titanium subs from my boss who knew nothing about them. we took them out of an older car we bought and sold. im running a 250 watt kicker amp to them (bridged) and they are surprisingly pretty good. I first thought they were just an off brand sub but then after doing some research I found they were pretty expensive back in the day. they are still an up and running company just not in the US. I was told I could probably triple what I have on them now.. I was just wondering if there was anyone that knew much about them or happened to know thwe specs! thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Find a model number or some sort of identification on them, then we can probably figure something out. If you can't find anything like that take some pictures of it, cone, basket, magnet, everything you can think of. Most of the Eclipse subs I've dealt with will handle plenty of power. A buddy had 2 12s, I think they were like the SW912 or something and he had 300wrms to them and they sounded good. I convinced him to give them more power so we went with 1000wrms just to see and it was amazing. I think they were actually rated higher but it was plenty there. I will tell you that I don't know off the top of my head of any Eclipse sub that can't handle over 250wrms. So yeah, you could double the power no problem, and if you set your gains right and put them in a decent box, you won't have any problems doubling power. Tripling power? I don't know. It would probably be fine if there is no distortion so with properly set gains and sufficient air space in the box, but I need to know the model before I can confidently say yes to that.

Archived