HU with nonlinear frequency response?

I have a pioneer avh-p2400bt and I have never really had very good deep bass. I always assumed it was just the crappy sub and box I had. I finally saved up for a couple of DAD 10s and overall sound increased (loudness and quality) but I still lack that deep bass.

When I got out the o-scope to set the gains and crossovers I noticed that low frequencies had significantly less amplitude than say 80hz. As I swept through the frequencies I noticed that high frequencies also changed just not as extreme. Anyone ever seen this? I just installed a cheap Kenwood in my brothers truck and out of curiosity checked the response, perfectly linear. So my question is why? I have looked through the settings but don't see any reason for it.

that's what eq's do. So it has to either be that or you have the high pass filter on, on the hu

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Thats what I was thinking too so I made sure eq was flat and the high pass was off which it all was, so I checked the sub channel thinking that maybe there was a permanent filter in the HU but the sub channel was also goofy. Had the same roll off under like 60hz or something. I even checked the signal from my phone (input device) and all was linear. You think there is maybe a setting that I'm missing or do pioneer head units just suck?

I'm measuring the signal from the rca straight from the back of the head unit so I know its not the amp or the input to the deck, so it has to be the deck.

Well sealed doesn't exactly help the bottom roll off.. But where did you measure to see that it was cutting off the lower freqs? You should test the rcas. If you tested the speaker wires out of the amp check your subsonic filter

Oh and next time don't post in the website technical problems section. This should probably be in the head unit section if you think that's the problem

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Some piece of your equipment might have some kind of "protection" that is sending a slight passive high pass.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

If your sub level isnt all the way up that could be it too

Sub level on the headunit obviously. NOT the gain on the amp

Archived