Second Skin Audio

design help for two 15" fi ssd in a 7 foot cubic enclosure @33Hz in a 96 tahoe

jerms4u2

hello im new to the forum and i have been lookin for about a week for the right design and specs for a proper box build for two fi ssd 15 1ohm dvc. this will be my first ported enclosure. the only options the ssd's have is cooling. i will be running these in a 1996 chevy tahoe off two jl jx1000d mono amps. the amps are 2ohm stable. i have upgarded the big three to 0 gauge and have a xs power 3400d battery under the hood. i listen to rap and this will be for music daily. the specs for the speaker say 3-4 cubic ft per sub so was thing about goin in the middle at 3.5 per sub and tunned @33hz. below i enclosed a pic that i came across that a member joe x designed for another member but the were for 12's and this is the design i would like to go with because i kinda want seperate chambers because of the two amps, and its visualy pleasing to me :) my max dimentions are 46" wide, 32" deep, and the top of the seats for 24" high.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=CFaMcSTWorIDQM&tbnid=Ls3RLPzOKusoxM:&ved=0CAEQjxw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stevemeadedesigns.com%2Fboard%2Ftopic%2F161897-box-recommendation-for-2-sa-12-ported-in-s10-blazer%2F&ei=k4aoUprHMMnWyQGe64GQBQ&bvm=bv.57799294,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNEV4yYGCe70Gqfmal3M7KTb88Z_zQ&ust=1386862453170206

i tried to copy the url of the pic, not sure if it worked, but the box is subs up, port back, with the subs in seperate chambers but sharring the port in the middle.

thanks for any help,

jerms4u2

• 3 weeks later...

thanks joe x!!! i wanted to keep you updated on the build.. i have always been a sealed box guy, but this setup is banging. im so glad i switched to ported and fi. these subs sound great and they are not even broke in yet.. im even getin sum flex on my roof and doors!!! so happy with this setup

SUBBOX1021_zps2180f0fc.jpg

SUBBOX1022_zps263e7dbe.jpg

insidebox_zpsce32f7d6.jpg

backofbox_zpsf223a4e9.jpg

Archived