Sundown Audio

10 / 12" Line "Below" E Series ?

I started talking about doing this line back in November on Facebook then on CACO. I decided to take it all the way to the prototype phase -- this is what I came up with so far. We are talking $60-70 MAP on these from a dealer :)

-----

Here are some initial photos of the FIRST rough prototypes. I am essentially testing for ruggedness and for the soft parts and coil being what I want first. The motor will likely increase in OD a bit if I can't get Qts down with other methods but I started small to ensure we aren't wasting any costs on making it too large off the bat. Had to get a feel for what % I would be off compared to FEA to go from there.

If we go to production the frame itself will have the vents removed -- for the prototypes they are plugged. The finish of the motor will also be a bit nicer but not to the point to increase cost to the end-user. The look from the front is pretty well final. The motor is alot deeper than most in this class to support some legit levels of excursion as well.

10" Model :

10inch%20sample-1.jpg

10inch%20sample-2.jpg

10inch%20sample-3.jpg

-----

12" Model :

12inch%20sample-1.jpg

12inch%20sample-2.jpg

12inch%20sample-3.jpg

----------

And finally... the video I took this morning of the 10" prototype :

The 12s were separated in transit but I should have them soon. This level of excursion is not something you will find on most drivers in this category. We are looking at ~1.6-1.75" peak to peak or so in the video at the highest level (1.25" p-p is linear). There is 2" p-p before coil bottom -- I haven't gotten brave enough yet to push it past where I did in the video as we were getting a bit of mechanical noise at that level. It's still a new prototype and I'm enjoying it a bit before possibly tearing it up =)

I think we are REALLY close with this sample... Qts is a bit high for what I normally like to see but I want to do some real listening tests before making a call on that one way or the other.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I saw this on facebook a few days back and I really like the idea! Do you have any idea on when they will be available yet? I know It'll be a while yet but i'm just wondering. Maybe something like this will finally get all the kids trying to enter car audio to start with a good brand and hopefully away from the mainstream. Also i'm diggin those push terminals. I like how they're done.

Edit: read the post twice and it answered my question lol

Edited by HowLowCanYouGo

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

very nice movement!

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I am already working on a few revisions for prototype round #2 -- now that I have a base point to see how much the BL varies compared to FEA I can dial it in some more. I also have to be very careful not to break the cost goals as I am very set on selling them for the $60-70 range. It's quite the challenge trying to squeeze out the performance I want in this price restriction -- but so far pretty fun !

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Awesome man! I really like what my 2 e12s can do :) hopefully you can get where you want with this, and I'm sure if you do it'll be perfect. I assume these would be by far the best entry level budget woofers on the market.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

How will they do sealed? Got a build coming up in a few months that has about 500-750w to play with and sealed is probably the way we will go.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

looks like a nice mid for my doors ;)

laughable. 6in+ depth in a door?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/