Edited by Souldrop

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

What if i did two Rockford Fosgate T2 15 inch subs, with a sundown audio SAZ - 2500? I think that would be a reasonable set up for my first go. I did my math all wrong when i first posted this, so i did a quick edit. i think this setup would hit pretty hard.

RF T2 subs are very good, but imo the sundown x is better. I still run RF amps and they are beasts. I'd go RF amps and sundown subs in you situation .

The cool thing about RF amps is the CP the amp puts out near the same power 1 ohm or 2. I've run RF amps for 20 plus years, well there was a couple

of MTX years the early us ones, but never had one fail.

Yeah I would do the same thing if I was looking for new subs.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Either way you can't go wrong

Only differance is double the power

Can you elect system support a true 5k?

As already stated daily go zv4 on a 5k

Side note your really compacting apples to apples

The x is a low end monster the t2 is not

everything sundown puts out is more that advertised. 5000D is a beast, and so are the X series subs, but i would personally look for a beefier subwoofer for close to 3000w a piece.

but this raises the reason i put that quote in red, that 5k is going to pull a lot of current, do you have a high output alt, few runs of 1/0, and probably 3 or so nice sized AGMs?

Im going to redo the electrical system (for the audio atleast, big three etc...) , 1/0 is a must. How high should i go with the alternator 300 amp? and then i was thinking of doing two Xs power batteries and then the battery for the truck. Everyone continues to say to do "a few runs" of 1/0. I still don't quite understand what this means and how it would be done?

a few runs means 3 lengths of 1/0 AWG car audio wire, from the front battery to the rear batteries.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The X is more expensive than the T2? Either you're looking in the wrong places for the X or you're getting a steal on a T2...

This^^

Sonic wants $750 for a T2

SSA wants $350 for the X

$530 for a ZV4

im sorry i meant the zv4, i found a t2 for 399, but yea the x is good price

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

Go with Sundown X for subs.

If you are only gonna run a 2500 watt amp then go with the RF constant power series, if you're going bigger than do some research here on some other brands to be had for less than a Sundown costs and perform the same.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I run a single 10" Sundown X and wow! I use to have a T1 and the X doubled the bass output, most people I let hear it are amazed that it is a single 10". Sundown all the way. Other awesome subs are Fi audio and Ascendant audio and here is one most here don't run but is a beast the MTX 9500 this sub has a massive 4" coil and can take a pounding!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sundown is just an expensive option, a lot of companies are cheaper and the same quality, don't limit yourself to only two company options.

Sundown is not expensive compared to companies like JL.

RF - Sundown - DC - CT Sounds and many others are all good. Everyone has brands they prefer. Yes the power in both my builds is RF, but speakers are crescendo's, Fi, RF, and Sundown.

And yes my Sundown sub performs great :-) Which is my Sundown review as initially requested

Edited by Smoove
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Sundown is just an expensive option, a lot of companies are cheaper and the same quality, don't limit yourself to only two company options.

Yea i completely agree. thats why in my original post i let everyone know that all suggestions are welcome :)

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111