Sundown Audio

I think its safe to say the "X" will undoubtedly outperform the "T2".

^^ That...

There is also no question that the SAZ5000 puts out way more power than the RF T2500 lol. If you are eventually going to want 4 subs, then the Sundown amp is a better long term amp (more head room for later).

I am doing mid-upper 40s right now with a couple of SA 12s and a Hifonics amp lol. If I had Xs and 3x the power, shit would get real in a hurry lol.

I ran RF back in the day and am in no way a hater. I had 2 punch classic 12s and a Punch 200ix (and the largest RF windshield banner that I could get my hands on). The subs were meh (imo JL was better for subs at that time).. but that amp was nucking futs at the time lol. But today... with the equipment mentioned... there is no way the Sundown setup doesn't out perform the RF setup. I don't have any special calculator or anything so I am probably just talking shit.. but in my mind there are several DB between the 2, not to mention the way the X gets down on the lows.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

great product quality and preformance

2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz

2-15 inch AA Team subs D2

Americanbass- 750.1

1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear

mechman-270

pioneer headunit-4200UB

4 soundqubed supertweeters

phoenix gold 2 channel

back up camera

stinger volt meter

22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it

I have a mix of both A X12d4 & a fosgate t1500bdcp. It slaps hard. I will not knock either a sundown or a fosgate power series amp, but for subs its sundown all the way. RF subs are not what they use to be. But that can be said for alot of companies. You will need a large box with a X12. I am at 2.75net but man is it worth it when it gets low. I am running stock alt with 3 batteries and 3 amps. No dimming, amps do not get hot. I am running my fosgate at 2ohms, more efficient and almost the same power as 1ohm.

kinda turned into a vs thread i think but whatever.

i run two sundown amps. i bought them used. they still work as of today. and im sure they will keep working for a long long time.

they get warm but that is mostly my fault..... they sit in a 110+ degree trunk all summer in a black car with no AC..... and they still go ham on the n2s

:ninja:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

• 4 weeks later...

rockford is awsome ... my friend stuck some shallow mount 12's on a 2000watt amplifier... the subs were wired 1 ohm soo i know they were getting all 2000w .... and those subs were ment to handly 150 rms and 500 max some sht about true wattage idk my opinion for u is

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22590_Rockford-Fosgate-T2D212.html 2 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26141_Rockford-Fosgate-T2500-1bdCP-Newest-Model.html 1 of these

this is the best i can recommend for ur price any more and i may go over budget .. dont judge rockford fosgate they sound amasing \

watch the videos to get an idea on what ur going to use

Edited by sopeonarope89

rockford is awsome ... my friend stuck some shallow mount 12's on a 2000watt amplifier... the subs were wired 1 ohm soo i know they were getting all 2000w .... and those subs were ment to handly 150 rms and 500 max some sht about true wattage idk my opinion for u is

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22590_Rockford-Fosgate-T2D212.html 2 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26141_Rockford-Fosgate-T2500-1bdCP-Newest-Model.html 1 of these

this is the best i can recommend for ur price any more and i may go over budget .. dont judge rockford fosgate they sound amasing \

watch the videos to get an idea on what ur going to use

Bwahahahahaha $1600 for a 2500? You can get a ct7k, ns1 ab 750.1 etc for the same price or cheaper and they will all rape that rockford.

so your saying 2 t2 12's on that 2500 would be louder and 2 zv4s on a ns1? How about 2 mayhems on an ab 750.1? 2 hdd's on a ct7k? Because all three setups I listed are in the same price range or cheaper as what you did, Rockford is overpriced for what you get

Edited by bighossf150
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I have two Sundown SA8V2's powered by a Rockford Fosgate t1000.1 bdcp. in a box that I built. Placing them in my wife's Tahoe, I have no regrets at all!!! mind you this is my wife's vehicle so I wasn't trying to replace all the windows in it and put a stripper pole in the middle of the car. But for the price of everything. Sundown, in my opinion, is the way to go. Much cheaper than the JLW7's that I had. and puts out more quality sound than I would have ever thought come from an 8" sub.

• 2 weeks later...

gotta look flashy only reason i didnt get a bunch of things listed that arent the same brand keep in mind rockford puts out and handles more then what their rated at most rockford amps put out 50% more wattage then shown that amp i linked is 3500 watts max on a testing machine

Coming from someone that talks about max rating of his subs, learn something before giving advice.

Yes Rockford puts out more then rated but not 50% more. The t1500.1bdcp for example is at most 300-400 watts less then what the birtsheet says. Birtsheet mean nothing in the real world. That's on a resistive load with optimal power supply. In a car you have impedance rise, music (dynamic), voltage drop, ect ect...

Or we could all live in fantasy land and believe max power ratings.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.