Sundown Audio

Hey everybody. Within the next year I'm looking to put a system in my 2000 Chevy Tahoe. I originally planned on doing two Rockford Fosgate T2 12s and a T2500. Well i have been looking around quite a lot and I've become interested in Sundown Audio. Does anyone have any reviews on their x12 dual 2 subwoofer and the SAZ-5000D Amplifier? Also my budget is about 700-900 for subwoofers, and somewhere under the 2,000 range for the amp. So all suggestions are appreciated and taken seriously. But i would like to go with anything above 2500 watts. Any other Companies i should be taking seriously, companies with good pricing? (rockford seems to charge a lot just for their name)

P.s Again, if you have any other ideas, please feel free to post them :)

Thankyou,

Jon

Edited by Jon Tyler
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

you can get rockford stuff cheap on ebay as well as some venders here. and id say you deff get more then just the name. but every brand has there entry level and high level stuff u cant by prime thinking your a boss. i went with power components and 6x9s and am very happy. so id imagine there subs are the same idea. only down side to rockford subs is there not as easily reconed as compared to a sundown or similar. as far as an honest review the only thing i can add to this is i purchased a sundown 8 for my dad for xmas. its really beefy very sexy and pics online dont do them justice

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Are you planning to stick to a pair of 12s? If so, I'd say get some zv4 12s and a Sundown 5k. You'd be pretty happy with that if everything else is already up to par (electrical and whatnot).

As for honest reviews, I love Sundown products. I've ran a lot of their gear; sae12000, saz1500, saz2000, sa12s, sa15s, e8v3s, Saz3000, sa8s, sa8v2s, zv3/x's. I've never had any issues and Jacob/Brian/Debbie were always helpful when I needed advice or customer service. Great products and even better customer service.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Either way you can't go wrong

Only differance is double the power

Can you elect system support a true 5k?

As already stated daily go zv4 on a 5k

Side note your really compacting apples to apples

The x is a low end monster the t2 is not

everything sundown puts out is more that advertised. 5000D is a beast, and so are the X series subs, but i would personally look for a beefier subwoofer for close to 3000w a piece.

but this raises the reason i put that quote in red, that 5k is going to pull a lot of current, do you have a high output alt, few runs of 1/0, and probably 3 or so nice sized AGMs?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Are you planning to stick to a pair of 12s? If so, I'd say get some zv4 12s and a Sundown 5k. You'd be pretty happy with that if everything else is already up to par (electrical and whatnot).

As for honest reviews, I love Sundown products. I've ran a lot of their gear; sae12000, saz1500, saz2000, sa12s, sa15s, e8v3s, Saz3000, sa8s, sa8v2s, zv3/x's. I've never had any issues and Jacob/Brian/Debbie were always helpful when I needed advice or customer service. Great products and even better customer service.

im not planning to stick to 2 12's forever. I will eventually do something big, maybe 4 15's or 4 18's. Good to know they are reliable with customer support. thanks for the reply

Jon Funda

Either way you can't go wrong

Only differance is double the power

Can you elect system support a true 5k?

As already stated daily go zv4 on a 5k

Side note your really compacting apples to apples

The x is a low end monster the t2 is not

everything sundown puts out is more that advertised. 5000D is a beast, and so are the X series subs, but i would personally look for a beefier subwoofer for close to 3000w a piece.

but this raises the reason i put that quote in red, that 5k is going to pull a lot of current, do you have a high output alt, few runs of 1/0, and probably 3 or so nice sized AGMs?

Im going to redo the electrical system (for the audio atleast, big three etc...) , 1/0 is a must. How high should i go with the alternator 300 amp? and then i was thinking of doing two Xs power batteries and then the battery for the truck. Everyone continues to say to do "a few runs" of 1/0. I still don't quite understand what this means and how it would be done?

Jon Funda

i've used both the fosgate t1000-bdcp and a older sundown sae-1200. I got the RF for 220 Used and paid roughly the same for the SAE new. The sundown was a great amp, but the RF is better imho. This is doing a straight out swap on a old silver T2 15. The sundown can be had for cheaper new. Buying each new I would probably lean towards the Sundown. They're both good solid amps. As far as subs, I've never used Sundown. .

Edited by Souldrop

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Whenever you run wire from one place or another you can run another wire right beside it. It increases the amount of current that travels from one point to another. That's what they mean by multiple runs.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1