XS Power

Difference between S, D, and XP series batteries

Been over this many different times,but lets go over it one more time. With the 12V batteries the D and S series batteries are the same exact battery. Only differences are the D series has blue decals and no terminals (you can buy the 580 or 586 terminals if you want), and the S series has red decals and comes with terminals.

14v and 16V S and D series are different. The S Series are the light weight racing batteries where the D series are the heavier weight versions with more reserve capacity as far as mobile audio goes.

XP series is only made for secondary battery applications and not made to be used under the hood.The XP series will give you the reserve capacity you need, but does not have the instantaneous power that the D series has. You would see a difference on the meter, but probably never hear the difference in a daily use/demo vehicle.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER
  • Like (+1 Rep) 4
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've been looking at XP and D series. I do however think that the proper battery varies. I have a 2000 Honda Insight 2 seater. I am currently building a system. I have a DC DC converter instead of an alternator . I have auto stop at stop in the car . I am looking to buy a battery this week as a secondary. Should I go XP or D class? I will need around 3000 watts to power my sound system so I purchased a secondary DC DC to support the XS battery in the cargo area. Any info is greatly appreciated

Angel

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking into building a cooler speaker box. Would an xp or a d be the better choice for longer playing between charges. I'm only using a rockford 300x4 along with a pioneer head unit. What battery would you suggest? Thank you for any help.

If you're only changing a box maybe you won't need a battery? Unless your adding a larger amp. Anyway to answer your question, if you're replacing your stock car battery you should go with a D or S series. If you're adding an extra battery on top of what your car comes with and putting it next to your amp or something, go with an XS battery. I wanted to go with an XS battery but I drive a ford Fiesta and there just isnt any room for anything extra. So today I bought a D4700 from XS to change out my stock battery to fix my lights dimming and other electrical stress. This is very important, I've neglected this part thinking everything will be cool until I get around to a new battery but let's go over the problems I've had in my car in the last two years. I've burnt out two amps, burnt out my cooling fan on my radiator (fan motor melted), burnt out a battery that was bought two years before, and my Transmission Control Module suffers from communication issues to the computers. Now driving a Ford most of these can be pointing the finger at them which I was able to cover most of them on the warranty as well as my amps on their warranty, but looking back now I'm starting to think it was just me stressing the electrical. Today my gf's car battery died as we knew it would and so this gives me an excuse to buy an XS battery and give her mine fixing a bunch of problems in one purchase.

Also go to the XS power website to use their car calculator to figure out which batteries will fit in your stock battery spot.

Edited by Mike Gann

• 5 years later...

So it's okay to run XS power s975 as a secondary battery for car audio? I bought the s series instead of the D series because it came with brass terminals, but it seems that it's just a racing battery and not for audio. It's a 12 volt AGM. Please let me know if it's all right to use this as a secondary in the trunk or if I have to put it under the hood as a primary. Thank you for your time.

57 minutes ago, Jim Akridge said:

So it's okay to run XS power s975 as a secondary battery for car audio? I bought the s series instead of the D series because it came with brass terminals, but it seems that it's just a racing battery and not for audio. It's a 12 volt AGM. Please let me know if it's all right to use this as a secondary in the trunk or if I have to put it under the hood as a primary. Thank you for your time.

What is your current primary battery?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps