Second Skin Audio

15's or 18's?

Ineedhelp

So I recently decided to sell my old set up and buy new. My dilemma is that I can't decide wether I should go with 15 inch subs or 18's. This will be going in the back of a 2000 extended cab gmc Sierra. I'm going to be running a soundqubed 3500.1 on 2 subs for now at 12v. My plans are to buy 2 more and another amp by the end of summer and build a wall. I've decided on PSI platform 2 subs in box tuned to 30Hz because I love that low end bass. I need some input from someone on this.

I have a platform 3 motor if you decide to go that route.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

depends on the music you listen to and how much space you have to work with. I'd go with 18s personally

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Space shouldn't be a factor. I had 2 kicker 15's in it (I know, don't laugh) in a 10 cube ported box. I've already taken the back seat out. When I build the wall it should be roughly 20 to 22 cubes. And I'm not going to compete I basically just want a set up that is going to bang the low end bass move a lot of air and hair tricks for sure. And as far as music goes it's almost always decaf music. Thanks guys for your input so far!

Oh and power wise. For the time being. Ruling out a h/o alternator, what do you think would need to run that amp. Specific batteries ect.

So as of now your going to run 2 subs and 1 3500 amp right? Then your getting 2 more and getting another 3500? And are you also running a amp for the door speakers and such?

Archived