DC Sound Lab

So i trying to decide what to do ive already got (2) level 3 15s and i wanted to get some more so what would be louder (4) level 3 15s or 1 level 5 15/18 it depends on if i van get a box for an 18 or not but the thing is ive got a really REALLY small amp it only 1200rms so each level 3 would only be getting 300rms as the level 5'wouod be getting 1200 so i dont know what to do here

Well a level 5 15 is going to want 3500 rms. That 1200 will not do much to it. Your level 3's are 900 rms. to be honest I would get a bigger amp first and go from there. You can go either way but you wont be powering either set up like they want either way. Just a thought. And what are you giving the two level 3 15' now? 600 a piece? If so upgrade your amp. Make sure your electrical is upgraded also. If its stock your pushing your limit at 1200 watts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

If you have room for 2 15" subs, you should have enough room for an 18" .

But on the same power you'll be louder if you have more cone area and a good efficient box to compensate the lack of power.

Don't focus on power, but 1200 is not a lot for a level 5 ! :););)

My 2cts !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Theoretically speaking the lvl 3s would be louder an have around about the same power ratings as 1 lvl 5. Cone area an motor force .. Well I've never had a lvl 5 but logic stepping in tells me 4 lvl 3 Motors should have more motor force or about equal to the 5 . But you would would defiantly win the come area battle.. Lookin into. Gettin a good 5k amp for whatever setup you choose

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

no vs threads please.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.