Old Fosgate Punch 50.1

hammiethebasshead

Love these amp I have 10 of them I was running 40 rockford fosgate 12in subs in my 1958 panel truck thing about putting them on ebay starting new project in my panel 16 19in subs and not sure on amps yet might try the 50.1 before selling them back in the day these amps were the amps to have for spl comp never let me down 

• 3 months later...

I was given these 3 amps by a friend. They were kinda rough, since the housings are aluminum, they degraded some over time. He didn't store in a barn or anything. I took them opened them up, cleaned, added some heat xfer paste to the heat sinks, the old had dried, put back together, took a dremel and sandpaper, worked out the rough spots, primed and then put some black rhino liner to them, to help protect, (except for the underside). I thought they turned out nice. May even take some Red paint around the R. I basically made this board plug-n-play, it has 20ft of 4awg power/ground powering the distro blocks, 16ft of RCA patches and a 20 ft single for remote turn on. Speaker sides have 10 ft of 12awg OFC . All tested and in working order. Not exactly sure what I'm gonna put this in yet, I did it to honor my friend who has since passed.

Anyway, the amp you have can be dressed up for sure. Just thought this might be an interesting read.

Fosgate.jpg

Archived