how do I wire direct leads

Houston We Have a Problem..... I connected the multimeter to the pos and neg of the amp took out the speaker leads and put on the 40 hz test tone.... Instead of getting a steady number my meter was jumping around like crazy.... What does this mean? Ive done it before on my old equipemnt and the numbers started at zero and went up just fine as I increased the gain. When I did it today it just started going crazy jumping through random numbers.I dont want to mess nothing up. The left side it says 5v on the right is says 15volts. I just want to set the gains right so that I dont mess up this equipment.

Does your dmm have good batteries?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I havent checked the batteries Tundra I rarely use it but that could be the case.... .Also I think you may be right Clean Sierra because first my system wouldn't play at first. I thought my ground may have been bad so then I went back and put a brass washer on the ground between the screw and it started playing.... I may have to move my ground. Thanks guys! I will keep yall posted.

5 pages on how to wire up subs

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should take your car to someone to have it wired up. Easier for someone who is experienced to explain and show you things in person than it is trying to explain and diagnose things online

5 pages on how to wire up subs

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should take your car to someone to have it wired up. Easier for someone who is experienced to explain and show you things in person than it is trying to explain and diagnose things online

I tried the same approach Snow. I meant no disrespect when I said it before and I still think it's the best option.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I havent checked the batteries Tundra I rarely use it but that could be the case.... .Also I think you may be right Clean Sierra because first my system wouldn't play at first. I thought my ground may have been bad so then I went back and put a brass washer on the ground between the screw and it started playing.... I may have to move my ground. Thanks guys! I will keep yall posted.

Brass isn't the best conductor either. Put up some pics of where you are grounding it to.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

^^^ same here need to know where its at I had mine through the floor on my truck but when I install my 1/0 shca wire I put it where the seat frame bolt goes through which also goes through the truck frame my voltage was better.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

I understand what u guys are saying but everytime I go to a car audio place or let anyone touch my stuff I get screwed over... Ive spent $1000s of dollars on people to eff me over and Im not letting that happen again. I rather hook it up wrong and mess up then pay for the equipment and pay somone else to mess it up. I know its 5 pages but its been 5 very helpful and informative pages that will last me a life time because now I know what to do from now on..... Now.... Ive checked my ground with a dmm to the negative batt terminal to the ground and it read zero. I found out that I had my dmm on ohms and not volts AC to measure it. I will try it again when I get some time off. My gain is on half way bass boost down subsonic down and low pass filter got them woofers beatin. Heres where I continued some of my post http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181304-setting-gains/

Well if you guys didnt know the subs are working fine..... I just want to set the gains the right way without a dd1. I have a ddm and some guys have helped me on the other post that I have made. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181304-setting-gains/page-2 . You live and learn and I feel that anyone who is willing to learn deserves help from the knowledgeable man. The reason im going to school to be a teacher... NOT A MATH OR ENGLISH TEACHER CLEARLY LOL! Thanks guys for stickin it out with me and helping me I have never in my 10 years of owning car audio have been so satisfied with my audio.(and I mean that from the bottom of my heart because I have spent money on the first piece of crap system I owned and thought I was the king of tha streets LOL) THANKS GUYS FORREAL!!!!

Pic for you guys who havent seen: http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Nipsy06/media/1479506_10153713350200022_1600782682_n.jpg.html

Archived