Sundown Audio

amps without fuses

trisdog74

yea you use an inline fuse a few inches before the amp

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

yea you use an inline fuse a few inches before the amp close to the battery

i have heard use one near the battery and one by the amp if it is just on single run to the front battery

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

The only exception to that is if you have a larger wire going into a distribution block for multiple, smaller wires. In which case you would fuse the main wire near the battery, then the smaller wires at or near the distribution block. Each according to their load rating

alright. I always run at least a second battery or a fused amp so i have never had the issue. sorry for the tread jack

Even if your amp has it's own internal fuses, it's a good idea to fuse the wire going to it as well. Reason being that if something happens and the wire shorts out, there's nothing to interrupt the short and you have a biiiiig problem on your hands. And electrical fires are really really scary. If it's attached to the battery it should be fused IMO :)

Archived