what are you willing to give up

given that your car isnt daily driven but occasionally driven on the street (still fully legal) what comforts would you be willing to give up to get the most out of your ride at the track

I.E. interior panels, carpet, radio, door panels, and such like that

im trying to get my cars weight down to about 3000lbs even and i dont know if i can do it without giving up everything except a steering wheel and a seat granted i do have a lot of optional extras in my car that add a ton of weight

thanks

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio is an easy one. I have no radio in my 78 monte carlo and im not sure what else is stripped out of it cause the last guy who owned it rigged everything up like an idiot. But radio was an easy thing for us. Car weighs around 3000 pounds atm, virtually untouched (by my dad and I anyway)

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't mention spare tire, that's a very easy one as well!

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

yeah my spare and all the tools have been gone for a long time i might eventually delete the ac but my girl is going to be pissed when that happens... honestly i wish i had a garage or shop i could work on my car in i would strip it completely down to sheet metal and put back everything i absolutely had to have

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Rear seat, headliner, trunk carpet, trunk deadening, spare tire, jack, AC, center console, plastic shit on the dash, trim panels in the rear and trunk. Speakers, stereo, passenger seat...

Is this a track car or daily lol?

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

My old dd 02 z28. No ac, carpet, front sway bar, interior panels, back seat, jack, spare. no speakers except a pair of 6.5"s in the doors. Cut outs right after the long.tube headers, Big stall and cam and mickey thompson dr's. It wasn't fun to dd

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

fuck the ac then. an alllll the deadening and bullshit. If it's a track car, creature comforts are useless lol. Just unnecessary weight.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

im wondering how hard it would be to delete the power steering

according to a 1/4 mile calc ( i know its not accurate but its ballpark) i can have as little as 448.7hp at a weight of 3000lbs (my goal weight)

Archived