Sonic Electronix

Is my amp broken or bad subs?

So I am running my ct sounds at 0.5 ohms and I blew my subs which I figured was because I clipped them. Now I got new subs that were budget subs and one of them blew almost instantly. Now my gain was set very low I just don't understand. The amp seems to be acting normally otherwise.

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Give a list of system gear and how you have everything set up, will help tracking down the problem faster.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Don't buy junk subs. lol

Depending on how much power you have, you really need to get something capable of taking the power or you risk constantly blowing them, and quickly get to the cost of a better sub you should have bought in the first place.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

First ct 1200.1 and 2 power acoustic mofos at 0.5 ohms voltage drop to 13.2volt and second to 1ohm an it was a cheap sub because I can't afford my sound qubed atm

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

I bought the mofos a while ago and had no reason to upgrade untill they were gone then I lost my job an bought the vm subs because a pair of 12's were 60$

Dunno if you can take it back for another one but you should wire it higher than .5 ohms to save what you have till you can afford better.

Don't know what else to suggest as your wanting to beat the living shit out of something that isn't capable of taking the power your throwing at it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I would figure out what the hell you are doing wrong before buying any decent sub.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

yea i would run your subs up to ohms or something that way your not popping subs until you get your money up. try And take that power away!

what do you mean my instantly? a few seconds, minutes, a few days? if they blew in minutes something Is wrong

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

If I'm reading your sig correctly, you have a single 35AH battery and a 125A alternator running an amp that's capable of >2000 watts. That's not enough electricity and if you connect some subs that can handle the power the amp's capable of, you'll probably wipe out the amp.

You need 100AH of battery for that amp, minimum. And, you need more alternator. Also, turning the gain down low doesn't automatically mean you aren't clipping. If your preamp voltage is high enough, the gain should be "off".

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived