The Automotive Picture Post

53 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I like how they recommend just replacing the heads when they get carboned up enough to start causing issues.

So yeah just throw a $5000 set of heads on it, Like theres no way to you know clean them maybe.....

But then i remember real mechanics are becoming a thing of the past, these up and coming kids are just parts swappers, especially at stealerships.

Yeah man. Im amazed at seeing all these new cars rotting away too. And im still dailying a 20 year old car with 180k on it... Lol i would never buy a newer car, too many damn electronics

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The electronics would be fine if they didnt cheap out on building them on purpose so they have some built in obsolescence.

Even the replacemnt oem parts are junk these days, I cant tell you how many a.c. delco electronics we'd get sent back because they were doa when I worked at a parts distributor, you'd think maybe they would test $1500 parts and make sure they worked before sending them out but nope.

They just send them out unchecked and warranty them later.

Id trust a Dorman part before an acdelco one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

8 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

The electronics would be fine if they didnt cheap out on building them on purpose so they have some built in obsolescence.

Even the replacemnt oem parts are junk these days, I cant tell you how many a.c. delco electronics we'd get sent back because they were doa when I worked at a parts distributor, you'd think maybe they would test $1500 parts and make sure they worked before sending them out but nope.

They just send them out unchecked and warranty them later.

Id trust a Dorman part before an acdelco one.

im with ya. If something i need replaced isnt available from dorman Im seriously apprehensive 

the delco starter i put on last fall sounds just as shitty as the ebay one I took off. 

Archived