2 XS Power Batteries on 90 amp alt?

Hey guys,
In the near future Im looking to add another RE Audio XX to the one I already have and some components.
Total RMS should be somewhere around 3600w.

Im worried about the electrical though.
I think Ill be able to squeeze an XS d6500 under the hood.
The d6500 says it should handle 3-4k watts.

Running on a 90 amp alternator and plan on doing the big 3. (Driving 05 Mazda 6)
Does anybody know if this one XS power would do the trick for my planned system?

Or, would I be better off with say two smaller XS batteries. Say the d1200, d4700, etc.
I dont want to change the alternator.
Any input would be much appreciated!

-Andy-

You have to $ into upgrading elecrical system. I have $1500 or so into mine. Just the nature of the beast if yoiu want to run a few thousand watts.

i agree a better alt would be wise, mechman's "S" class has a 240amp for around $400. I ran over 3k on a 65amp alt and two g34 batts. Would only drop to mid 12's but i charged the batteries at least once a week. I upgraded my alt and it made a huge difference.

If funds are tight you'd be better off just getting one battery and an H/O alt.

I highly doubt that alt will keep your batteries charged properly and a low charge is not good for them.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

make this easyer if anyone else comes in if you think he needs battery only then comment if you think he needs to just work on getting the alternator 1st like this < :)

This aint facebook bro.

Archived