Crandis16's Project Zx2 - Part 1: getting it running

Sence it's running I'd check mad and o2s, those control how much fuel goes in, if those are good it may be the cam

it's not running. I'm gonna swap out for a battery that I know is good today and see if that helps.

I assume you mean the MAF. I have another intake sitting in my living room that I can try out if that's the case.

more progress. I swapped out the plugs. I didn't notice much difference, but they needed to be replaced. Also the car doesn't stall when I put it into gear after I removed the spectre breather filter from the valve cover. It still isn't running right so I'm going to check compression in each cylinder. I have updated data from the OBD2 port also.

20140113_234902_zps0npwbapg.jpg

20140113_160118_zpsvfulbbkg.jpg

20140113_160051_zpsai5gl2gc.jpg

20140113_160041_zps4iczdgwe.jpg

I have had airbag light on and can't figure out where one of the plugs goes underneath the dash... well it turns out that the PO decided to remove the harness for the driver side airbag??? Something is fishy here. This is the plug that goes into the airbag.

20140113_163500_zpsjquaae7n.jpg

I got bored and threw some 3mm blue LEDs into my Mercury Cougar switches retrofitted for the zx2

IMG_20140113_224420_zpstwrsqyg1.jpg

I went to remove the wheels and found this. Now to find a large hex key

20140113_163832_zpstozo2odz.jpg

Commenting to follow along. I'm sure it feels much better having a project car to work on instead of the DD. :D

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Commenting to follow along. I'm sure it feels much better having a project car to work on instead of the DD. :D

it's great... I've had this car ripped apart for a couple weeks now and I am not rushed at all to get it running and built ASAP. If something breaks then fuck it, I can just wait until I have the money to fix it and drive my DD.

I broke a bolt off when I removed the driver seat. When I drive I can feel the seat leaning back. I picked up a cold chisel and took out the captive nut.

Here's the bolt that I sheared off. I decided to chisel it out with a cold chisel and I'm going to weld another captive nut in there.

1389798652147_zpskhlhpuot.jpg

20140115_155510_zpsb2h5gwsp.jpg

Also, I'm working on turning my cruise control into radio control... I just need to wire it up with correct resistors and get the box to program them... I'm basing it off the Ford Edge I believe

edge08audiocontrols_zps4ndivj1l.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well this is going to be interesting.

If I ever tried to get a loan for a new "project vehicle" my wife would chew my ass up and spit it out, then kick me in the head when I tried to pick it up. And it'd be even worse if it was the same vehicle I already had!!

props to you my friend. Hope the engine issues turn out to be nothing major. I'm trying to chase down issues in my F350 too. You might talk to Billy Rust, he's been helping me with mine. Good knowledgeable guy.

Well this is going to be interesting.

If I ever tried to get a loan for a new "project vehicle" my wife would chew my ass up and spit it out, then kick me in the head when I tried to pick it up. And it'd be even worse if it was the same vehicle I already had!!

props to you my friend. Hope the engine issues turn out to be nothing major. I'm trying to chase down issues in my F350 too. You might talk to Billy Rust, he's been helping me with mine. Good knowledgeable guy.

Engine stuff is boring so I really haven't taken any pics... but I can update it. I live by myself and I got denied the loan. I am working with the guy to do it in payments.

coming up is a kamakazi header (stealing exhaust for DD), and trubendz stainless steel 2.25" full exhaust, no cat, 18" resonator (to eliminate rice), and a borla muffler

I lost 4th gear in my daily so highway milage SUCKS... about 3k the whole way :/ I'm ready to drop the trans from the project car and throw it into the daily to continue it's life. I have a manual 5-speed trans in my apartment, just need a clutch kit, radiator, and misc bolts and shit. The engine is running better last I fired it up. There is still something wrong with the tune on it, so I'm going to rip out the ecu and throw in a manual ecu and that should fix the off values.

I have been doing all this shit in my dirty floored unheated small ass apartment garage in negative weather on some days. I do 3 bolts at a time before I say "fuck this I'm cold" and go inside :P

I know LSx guys use EFI-live and HPtuners... What do ford guys use for a tuning suite?

errrrr wat? like tuning chips? there isn't any plug and play tune. It is all manual for these cars. I'm still trying to learn the ropes before I do tune stuff. I know some use megasquirt, but they're also turbo'd and need to adjust tune on the fly.

sniper, diablo, superchips blue chip, SCT 6600 flip chip, SCT Xcalibrator 2 or 3(programmer), S/R ecu (<<<<< I'll probably just get an s/r ecu and use that for a more aggressive tune)

Archived