Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

I'll post a few pics to get megalomaniac's point across.

First off, the 7k6D is two smaller amps in one case, lets get that point across first.

Posted Image

Notice how many fets are on this supposed 7000 watt amp.

Now compare that to the sundown 1500D

Posted Image

Or another decent 2000+ watt amp, the 20.1

Posted Image

Now tell me what's wrong with this picture. :)

LoL 2 amps in one thats funny LOL
Siggy.png

Guest MegaloManiac

I haven't heard of this. Please do tell more.

You obviously overlooked my post...it explained it pretty clear as day.

Thanks Tommy!

First off, the 7k6D is two smaller amps in one case, lets get that point across first.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, I would like to know how they plan on getting 7000+ out of an amp that only has 350 amps of internal fusing and one set of input terminals....

Thanks for the pics, Honestly I don't know dick about what I'm supposed to be looking at inside an amp :blush: Unless I'm looking for something burnt :lol:

I have read that the new amps are one board not 2 like in the pic, and I've sen a few in cars that have done really well in the lanes and even at finals.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thanks for the pics, Honestly I don't know dick about what I'm supposed to be looking at inside an amp :blush: Unless I'm looking for something burnt :lol:

I have read that the new amps are one board not 2 like in the pic, and I've sen a few in cars that have done really well in the lanes and even at finals.

I've seen plenty do good at finals, no argument there.

But I wouldn't trust them for daily driving.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

All it takes is one guy to do a good number with them and then every 15 year old kid on internet forums brag about them being the best and hype continues from there. Same goes for DD woofers.

If I opened up a multi KW amp and it looked like that inside, I would be seriously disappointed.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

All it takes is one guy to do a good number with them and then every 15 year old kid on internet forums brag about them being the best and hype continues from there. Same goes for DD woofers.

If I opened up a multi KW amp and it looked like that inside, I would be seriously disappointed.

I agree 100% on the kids running out and getting something they shouldn't That could also be said about a few of the other amps out there.

Just like the kid that wants to have a sub take 3000w daily, All day Every day? I doubt it. Either you like to replace equipment all the time or you don't know what a real 3000w is.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Their output transistors are the same size and quantity as the Sundown 1500d. 1500d uses parts similar to most 2500watt amps. The 7kd uses parts similar to 2500 watt amps. so when you surpass 2500 watts for a prolonged period they get hot as hell and the outputstage starts to fuck up: in other words you will have crispy fets :eek:

also id rather buy an amp thats based in US than in Brazil.....especially if you know it will fail :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, I would like to know how they plan on getting 7000+ out of an amp that only has 350 amps of internal fusing and one set of input terminals....

I've kept my mouth shut through most of this shit. I don't believe that everytime a thread gets posted asking or talking about Stetsom there is so much Negative Bull Shit.

Two Boards in one case is nothing new. Hi fonics and Zapco have done this in the past.

Ond of those two boards is more powerful than the Sundown 1500 and 3000. the 7KD is basically two 2K6D's.

Most importantly all because the Sundown is an American company don't be naive to think that the parts are American Made.

Remember Sundown pulled their Warranty away if you drop below .5ohm

Stetsom has told us to run it down to .25ohm

I run a stetsom at quarter ohm all day for over a year now bass race the best withit

Hmmmm seems like a daily amp to me. Compare to the samsom that will blow if you play music on it and that's an 8000

And kimo is right American made Asian parts burnt ones that have been reworked at that go sundown! Sorry ill buy new

More power out of one amp also there are only 2 amps you can compare the 7kd to and that the Samson and the ddz1a

I heard sundown will step up there game next year to a 5000 watt amp they just gotta wait to get some burnt atomic zenon bords to lower the price

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived