I dont know what the exact displacement is but would assume it is around .2

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

It would help us help you if you listed the exact brand, model, and size/ohm/voicecoil(s) of the subs. The TS parameters of the sub are almost as important as box parameters, knowing the brand and model will help us find the parameters.

Also, Might I suggest building a 3-D model of the box first in the free Google Sketch-up, Here's a link to a how to video to get you started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCeUB63Sjks

Hope this helps, good luck.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Avoid more then 1 port bend with slot Ports to, port bends can hurt port efficiency. less bend the better.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

bracing or a double baffle and the box will need to be a but bigger due to sub displacement and any other bracing displacement our baffle displacement.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Figure out sub displacement and do the flush mount with double baffle. Then post new specs for the box and a sketch up of it. It will help people visualize things that could help.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Screenshot_4-1.png

Screenshot_5.png

finalboxdesign.png

boxdesignnumbers.png

okay here are the new numbers with the sub displacement, and the box design.

everything looks great to me except the space i will have between the sub magnet and the port wall...

i will have about 4 inches from back of magnet to port. will that be a huge issue?

other than that, its

2.04 cubic ft.

34.72 htz

18.38 in^2 of port area

double baffle, flush mounted

Does it all look good?

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

Archived