Alright. So I got a tricky question. I recently installed a pro box wit . Some cadence subs. I previously had some digital designs 510 subs in a ported box... I'm not sure what it is tuned too. But it's tuned low. I know where a local crank it up will be and I'm seriously debating if I should build a box for spl to compete. The only amp i have at the moment is a planet audio 1200.2 anarchy and it gets the job done.... For being planet audio. But Iwas jjust wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for me if I do decide to build a box. It'll be tuned to 46-50 hz. I just started thinking about it yesterday and I haven't even started on box plans..... Yet. Thanks in advance any help given

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a new amp. And why Cadence over DD? Just asking

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

What makes you want to tune between 46-50? What kind of vehicle? Do you know where the car peaks?

I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Competitors will tune around the area of what the vehicle peaks at. Read up on this thread some it's got some good information.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159769-how-to-find-your-vehicles-resonant-frequency-for-noobies-101/

oh lawd.

Good info man. Thanks a lot. I know someone who has a term lab and I'll probably give him a call... Bring over a six pack really 2 and get that done. It's really great that people will help noobs lol. And I'm probably going to work on making my truck sound good bbefore spl lol. Do you think I could get some "decent" numbers withtthose dd's?

The dds should give great results. Do a box with a changable.port su that you can go from a low daily tuning to a higher comp tuning.

I think the silverado like to peak around 48-52 hz. A tuning around 38-42 hz should be a good start for a spl box IMO.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived