Second Skin Audio

need help with a sub enclosure for a 05 neon two RF 15"

56a61d6e99a911e299af22000a9e29bc_7.jpgOne_Touch_Jan_10_2014_2.jpg

Hey guys Ill be honest I dont know a whole lot about sub enclosures i know nothing actually other than I know the one sub thats running right now is being suffocated the sealed box is way to small. Ive had the second sub for almost a year and have never had the funds to buy an amp to power them both(its been killing me having two and only having one hooked up). but the time has come #taxreturn boo yah lol. I would love to make a ported box for my two 15" but know thats a tall order for a neon trunk the only way it would work and this may be a stupid question, is if you can have the subs on one end( the end that would be facing the trunk) and have the ports facing the cab on the opposite end? i have no idea how to build it tuned for the subs or how to space the ports im clueless. if thats not possible I have no problem settling for a sealed enclosure. if sealed is the case i would need help build the enclosure to the air space the subs need if thats the right term? having it built in store isnt an option they wouldnt build it in the trunk which is necessary because its so large. they want to have it built somewhere else and shipped here which is not an option(outrageous* audio portland OR) plus the cost is outrageous*

Which subs and are those your max dimensions you can use? What tuning do you want? How much power are you using?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

or you could build it in 2 pieces and glue and bolt it together after you get the both pieces in the trunk

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

or you could build it in 2 pieces and glue and bolt it together after you get the both pieces in the trunk

thats what Im going to do. I just dont know how to go about tuning it and figuring out all the specs for the box that sketch of a box is just to show the absolute maximum box that would fit. do you know if thats an option to have the port fire out the front of the box towards the cab with the subs in the back(that might be a stupid question idk). heres the specs to my subs i have two P2D415's

Peak Power Handling - 500 watts

RMS Power Handling - 250 watts

Voice Coil(s) - Dual

Impedance (Per Voice Coil) - 4 ohms

Frequency Response - 20 - 250 Hz

Sensitivity - 86 dB

Minimum Sealed Box Volume - 1.3 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume - 3.5 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume - 2.66 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume - 2.66 cubic feet

can anyone help me come up with a box plan for these? is ported even an option for the smallish sized trunk of my neon?

Which subs and are those your max dimensions you can use? What tuning do you want? How much power are you using?

these are the specs i have two P2D415's

Peak Power Handling - 500 watts

RMS Power Handling - 250 watts

Voice Coil(s) - Dual

Impedance (Per Voice Coil) - 4 ohms

Frequency Response - 20 - 250 Hz

Sensitivity - 86 dB

Minimum Sealed Box Volume - 1.3 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume - 3.5 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume - 2.66 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume - 2.66 cubic feet

that tuning would be good lol I have no idea Im kind of embarrassed, and Im unsure of the power im going to have as ive only ever had one hooked up im in the process of picking a new amp to run both of them with the help of everyone on the smd fourms

5-6 cubes net (after displacement) tuned to mid 30s.

check out the Torres box tuning calculator and google search car audio port calculator.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

5-6 cubes net (after displacement) tuned to mid 30s.

check out the Torres box tuning calculator and google search car audio port calculator.

i dont have access to a computer that i can download on im at the library right now lol. does that program give you all the specs to build a box?

your enter box autoer dimension and just fill out the spaces in the box and it tells you tuning freq net volume, port area ect ect.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 3 weeks later...

Subs firing up in trunk equals SHITLOAD of trunk rattle.

And Jordan, firing the subs one direction and having the ports on the opposite is a bad idea. The subs will unload and lose medical control. You DON'T want to have a box like that. I don't think you have enough room to do a properly sized and oriented ported box in that trunk. What amp do you currently have and what amp do you plan on buying?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived