Sonic Electronix

Just remember also that with a lot of these lesser known brands and ebay brands that say they have a butyl line as well as an asphalt line, chances are its all asphalt.

A lot of people can not tell the difference between the 2 type of products, even after the asphalt fails and lets go from what it was stuck on.

I tried some "zillamat" in a buddies car, claimed to have 60 and 80mil thicknesses, also said it was an asphault and butyl mixture "LIKE DYNAMAT" is what he said in the email convo.

So I ordered a roll of 80mil.

It was to be 2 18inch wide rolls 30 feet long or something, but it came in a white box and 1 roll that was 36inch wide and about 30 feet long.

According to my digital caliper it measured 0.043 of an inch, 43 thousands of an inch, that is with the release paper still on it....

80mil would be 0.08 without release paper. so it was less than half the thickness it should of been.

After getting curious I googled the numbers on the box and it ended up coming back to a link to a menards page that was selling peel and seal roofing material...

I cleaned the surface with TSP real good before I stuck it on. I had the door panels off for a while and I don't see anything pealing off at all. I will have the rear panels off this weekend to replace some clips so I will look it there and see if anything has fallen off.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I bought the stuff there 50 mil.. I got 12 sq ft to use and I got my trunk lid rear deck and some of my rear quarters

I went from enough rattle to make you want to cry to almost no rattle

the only rattles I have are from my doors (coupe so only 2) and my trunks support brace things

I had no smell and I did it middle of the summer of 13 and its lasted through the winter with degrees to -15 with a wind chill down to -30 and still going

I played my system through it all and nothing fell off

its good for the price I felt it was easy to apply and it seemed to have some quality in how it felt

note: I have used second skin and I would suggest it, if you funds can meet the expense, other wise gt mat is not bad

98 honda civic hx build in process

have need

sundown x-12 d4 more sound deadening

sundown saz1500d v2 alternator (mechman)

sky high 1/0 w/ big 3 false walls and fiberglassing

amp rack (half done) and box processor

kicker zx 200.4 (mids/highs)

infinity reference components

trunk lid rear deck and rear quarter panels deadened

kinetic hc1400 under the hood (picking up 2 more late Jan early feb)

check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wF0CV2NaX4

November 9th, 2013 metered 140.3 at Midwest audio &detailing sealed on dash w/ termlab (w/ old alpine amp, new amp yet to be metered)

Archived