I have both a 97 Grand Cherokee and a 99 Cherokee Sport which I have tested a ton of different setups in. I have had better results with two 12s than two 15s in both Jeeps, staying in the cargo area and below window line. I am sure two 15s could do just fine in an enclosure that maxed out the available space as long as they required less than 3-4ft3 per driver, because 6-8ft3 is about all the space you have unless you wall it. In which case, two 15s or two 18s would do well in a c-pillar wall, which ends up only being about 12-14 cubes if you build over the wheel-wells and maximize the airspace. If you do not want to wall it, I have had the best results with ported enclosures that have a singe large side-firing aero port and up-firing subs. I have also tried a few non-walled small ratio 4th orders and 6th orders with no gain over the ported enclosures, not that you would have room for either of those with two 15s anyways, but I digress. You can definitely get a 145-150db on music from below the windows in the cargo area with that equipment.

Check out my current rebuild for a single 15" sub setup.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180895-2014-flyweight-rebuild-my-wifes-1999-jeep-cherokee/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived