XS Power

XS Power IntelliCharger advise/support TIA

The new IntelliSupply has the options of Power Supply, Charger/Maintainer, and recovery charger. You can have it turned on as a power supply at car shows and it works as a power supply. When you want to charge the batteries you can just switch it over to charger and it will act as a charger/maintainer like the 1005 mode. It also has a recovery/desulfation mode you can switch to if you have let your batteries run down and they have started to sulfate.

So it is different than the 1005 charger in a few different ways and the IntelliSupply is offered in 15, 30, and 60 amp models. Each unit is able to charge 12, 14, and 16V batteries.

Another added feature that no other power supply on the market currently has is a thermal runaway protection. What this does is protect your batteries from being overcharged if you happen to leave the power supply turned on longer than needed. If you have ever been to a trade show or car show and someone has left their power supply on over night, then you have smelled the sulfer smell of over charged batteries. The IntelliSupply has a hook up that you attach to your battery or battery bank and it detects the temperature of the battery. When the battery starts to get overcharged and hot the IntelliSupply cuts the charge down to protect the battery or battery bank.

The IntelliSupply also comes with a remote control, so if you install the supply somewhere hidden in the vehicle or have it under the vehicle at a show you can use the remote to monitor and turn the supply off.

Should be shipping end of next month. We have already shipped a few 100 units to Wet Sounds audio and come other OEMs to run their product displays and display vehicles.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

The new IntelliSupply has the options of Power Supply, Charger/Maintainer, and recovery charger. You can have it turned on as a power supply at car shows and it works as a power supply. When you want to charge the batteries you can just switch it over to charger and it will act as a charger/maintainer like the 1005 mode. It also has a recovery/desulfation mode you can switch to if you have let your batteries run down and they have started to sulfate.

So it is different than the 1005 charger in a few different ways and the IntelliSupply is offered in 15, 30, and 60 amp models. Each unit is able to charge 12, 14, and 16V batteries.

Another added feature that no other power supply on the market currently has is a thermal runaway protection. What this does is protect your batteries from being overcharged if you happen to leave the power supply turned on longer than needed. If you have ever been to a trade show or car show and someone has left their power supply on over night, then you have smelled the sulfer smell of over charged batteries. The IntelliSupply has a hook up that you attach to your battery or battery bank and it detects the temperature of the battery. When the battery starts to get overcharged and hot the IntelliSupply cuts the charge down to protect the battery or battery bank.

The IntelliSupply also comes with a remote control, so if you install the supply somewhere hidden in the vehicle or have it under the vehicle at a show you can use the remote to monitor and turn the supply off.

Should be shipping end of next month. We have already shipped a few 100 units to Wet Sounds audio and come other OEMs to run their product displays and display vehicles.

Looks like i'll be spending money soon lol. Question remains, is there a trade in program of sorts?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Does the battery charge setting have different amperage modes? Or is it fixed at say... 60 amps?

Damn it, why you gotta keep tempting me when I'm broke!! Why can't you guys release this stuff based on my income peak!!! Course I guess then you'd only release new products about once every other year LMAO!!

What's the price on these intellisupply?

Also, how would you determine what amperage to order? So i have a D4700 up front and 6, soon to be 8, xp950's in back. What amp supply would I need?

Edited by scooter99

Not really a trade in program put in place.

They are set amperage units, so there are 15amp, 30amp, and 60amp units.

If you are only going to use it as a power supply, then you would look at the amperage draw your electrical system would be pulling with the car off at a car/trade show. If you are going to use it as a charger, then go as big as you can afford if you have a bank of more than 3 batteries. If you have a bank of batteries then you can basically take the amperage output available and divide it by the number of batteries. That will give you the basic amperage each battery is going to see during charging, so if you have 6 batteries and the 60amp IntelliSupply then each battery would see around 10amps each. If you had the 1005 charger and a bank of 6 batteries then each battery would only see around 4amps. Optimal charge rate is around 15amps per battery.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

so for instance if i'm going to be running 4 d7500s, i'd need combined 60 amps supply?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I'm not XS, I don't work at XS, and I don't want to put words in their mouth. But as a matter of personal opinion, I like to charge between .1C and .25C. Where C is the capacity of the battery in Amp Hours, generally erring on the higher side unless it's really hot out and the car is sitting in the sun. Or I *just* finish driving it. Or something along those lines that would cause battery temperature to be high

Ex: 100ah battery @.1c is 10a, @.25c is 25a. So I'd charge between 10 and 25a

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 4 months later...

Not really a trade in program put in place.

They are set amperage units, so there are 15amp, 30amp, and 60amp units.

If you are only going to use it as a power supply, then you would look at the amperage draw your electrical system would be pulling with the car off at a car/trade show. If you are going to use it as a charger, then go as big as you can afford if you have a bank of more than 3 batteries. If you have a bank of batteries then you can basically take the amperage output available and divide it by the number of batteries. That will give you the basic amperage each battery is going to see during charging, so if you have 6 batteries and the 60amp IntelliSupply then each battery would see around 10amps each. If you had the 1005 charger and a bank of 6 batteries then each battery would only see around 4amps. Optimal charge rate is around 15amps per battery.

""If you are going to use it as a charger, then go as big as you can afford if you have a bank of more than 3 batteries."" <~ quoted from above

So if I go IntelliSupply instead of IntelliCharger would the math not matter?

Because forum read & forum searching (5-6) xp3000 would be fine on just the (1) HF1215 IntelliCharger but if I use just the (1) IntelliSupply I should be saving for psc60 & not the psc15...

Using for both shows & charging it I can every keep the ball rolling on this project

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Optimal amperage charge per battery for the larger 12V (D4700 and larger) batteries is 15amps per battery. Same goes for the 14V and 16V batteries.

The intelliSupply would go by the same thing, but you are purchasing a lot more than just a charger with these. You are getting a charger, maintainer, power supply, and battery recovery mode.

Me personally I would try to get as close to the 15 amps per that I could reasonable afford.