Aftermarket HU with Bose

I have a 1999 Infiniti I30 with Bose in it, I have a Alpine IVA-W203 Headunit has 6 channel 2v preouts..i was looking at the Metra 70-7551(below), But everywhere i read says i need at least 4v preout with this harness or overall volume will be cut in half compared to factory because of 2v preout...

Is there a small 4 Channel Line driver that'll fit behind the dash?

Bose is staying in for now until i get the $$ to buy the mids/his i want

met-707551.jpg

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Why would your pre out voltage matter on the harness? Just match your amp gain settings for the 2 volts you are sending it.

truthsayer

The Rockford and Cache 2ch line drivers are a little smaller then a deck of cards and could be placed behind the deck if you need a 6 ch good luck

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

The Rockford and Cache 2ch line drivers are a little smaller then a deck of cards and could be placed behind the deck if you need a 6 ch good luck

probably be better to get a 6 channel run it to the trunk and have rcas to the trunk and back to the radio huh?

something like this?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WiAzfn28Xzf/p_161MATRXPW/AudioControl-Matrix-Plus-White.html

audiocontrolMATRIXPLUSG02.JPG

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

That would be a lot of work and a lot of money and wires to run a factory Bose amp as a temporary solution. Take the $200 for the Audio Control plus whatever the extra RCA wires would cost and buy a four channel amp--even if it's not the one you want in the end it'll be easier to sell an amp than that Matrix. And it will sound better with more power for now. Also no reason to run six channels if the Bose amp is four channel input only looking at that harness.

Bose speakers are still just speakers. Might be 2 ohm, might not. I don't know of an amp I'd buy that wouldn't do 4 or 2ohm per channel. Worst case you might need a passive crossover for the front tweeters.

Otherwise run a 4 channel line driver behind the dash like mentioned.

Static drops are my bag.

if I bought the audio control mtrix id most likely keep it and use it wen I upgrade so I can keep the nice high preouts... it would fix my problem and be a nice additive to the system wen its being built

plus I have plenty of rcas.

Instead of the audiocontrol.. im looking at a clarion mcd360 3 way crossover/line driver.. should fix my problem for now and be able to go active wen the setup is all built

Archived