Next Car Game – It’s destruction time

I just bought this game, as it is on sale on steam. Really hope it turns out to be fun!

NextCarGame-2013-11-212-1024x631.jpg

Bugbear have been gathering support for their destruction derby racer Next Car Game for a few months now and the game recently hit Steam Early Access.

Next Car Game has been gathering support the hard way, first with a Kickstarter that was pulled, then through tech video releases, and then funding the game’s development through Bugbear’s own site. It’s not been easy to get PC gamers to embrace what could be a very solid and fun racer.

That’s changing though thanks to the recent release of the free tech demo on their site which shows off the game’s physics and car damage models.

I’ve been messing about in the game for a few weeks now and it’s time I demonstrated how terrible I am at driving and also show off what Bugbear has managed to achieve with Next Car Game so far.

The Steam Early Access version currently comes with three “tracks”, the destruction arena, a tarmac track, and finally a gravel track. These all handle quite differently and your success not only depends on how well you drive but whether you can keep your car in one piece. It’s not easy.

A word of warning, there is extreme car violence in this video. It’s quite gruesome.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/01/incgamers-plays-next-car-game-destruction-time

Here is the free technology demo.

http://nextcargame.com/free-technology-demo/

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

OMG, I just started playing the demo, and it has blown me away!

I fully suggest that you get this!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

• 1 month later...

That looks like it's going to be fun as hell!

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Its fun but i'm hesitant that it will suffer the poor multiplayer game functions that have made all their previous car games fail in short order.

Basically multiplayer has been impossible to find a lobby easily and the lack of cars/tracks makes the game get old.

Maybe i'm just spoiled because I remember Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 on the Zone where there was probably in excess of 10,000 tracks and maybe just as many trucks.. all player made.

man I feel old lol.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks kick ass. Reminds me of destruction derby 1 and 2 for playstation. Loved those games

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

They must be pretty reluctant to release any new part of the game without it being perfect or a big add on, since there has only been 1 or 2 updates.

Still an amazing game with great physics, just slow development.

Archived