car wont start

Thanks for the advice. Could the alternator staying on create such a large parasitic drain?

Yes, the alternator or any other amp, accessory, etc.... could be staying on and running down the batteries while the vehicle is parked. Use an amp clamp to measure if any current is flowing when the car is turned off.

Need the following: Running voltage, voltage ~5 mins after shutting off car, and voltage after sitting overnight

Need the following: Running voltage, voltage ~5 mins after shutting off car, and voltage after sitting overnight

I unhooked the rear battery, amp and sub. Brought it all in the house. I will go collect the results of these tests in the morning. Also check the battery I brought inside. Thanks

Running voltage with only one battery up front is 14.8. Voltage after sitting overnight, (after a full hour of driving), 12.34. Voltage after trying to start 11.99. Over night voltage of battery inside is 12.56. I believe both batteries had a resting voltage of roughly 12.5-6 when i got them. Not sure how long to let it idle, along with a 20 mile drive i will be doing in a few minutes, before shutting off and taking the 5 mins after voltage.

Voltage after 1.5 hours of idling. Shut off for 7 minutes 13.2 volts

What voltage do you read when the engine is running? and when it's off?

2006 P71

270A Mechman alt.

2 XS power D3100's, 1 under the hood, one in the trunk. More to come.

2 Stinger 0 gauge, 4 gauge runs front to back

Sony DSX-S300BTX AM/FM Digital Media Car Stereo with Bluetooth

Pair of Fi SP4 15''s

B2 Audio M1s MKII amp @ 1 Ohm

Front doors JBL P660C 6.5'' 2-way component system.

Rear doors JBL GT0938 6x9'' 3-way

Rockford Fosgate t600 @ 2 Ohm

Ram Designs box with 5'' port, ~ 3.6 cubic inches each facing back.

5704P Python 2-Way Responder Remote Start / Security Alarm. :shrug:

Archived