10k amp minimum number of batteries to run

Already had fire with my first B2 M1U.. Im over it.. faulty first amp.. caught fire the first 30 seconds it was turned on.. Hopefully two more batteries will fix it and Boom Make it Loud!!

You are a brave man :) This was quite interesting to read though

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be brave if you want to be loud and your broke... Playing with fire.. I already got burned once.. If it happens agian I'm going to a different amp set up. A third run from front battery to rear batteries and two more batteries in the rear is going in next week.. We will see if it works..

Gotta be brave if you want to be loud and your broke... Playing with fire.. I already got burned once.. If it happens agian I'm going to a different amp set up. A third run from front battery to rear batteries and two more batteries in the rear is going in next week.. We will see if it works..

I too live on the edge but that is soon changing (big alt in mail).. I could see that working very well given the 13.8 you posted about earlier, however @ 0.25 thats like o.0 territory where you need crazy electrical to run it. But we shall see how this goes- keep us posted bro :)

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Well last night we wires it to .25 ohms. We did 3 burps outlaw style with SPL lab. My full tilt burp last one was a 155.06 at 43 hz. It fried all three of my 300 amp fuses going to amp. Today I got new fuses and found that my power wire was shorting out because it became loose.. I fixed all that put another ground from front battery straight to chassis and then cleaned up rear ground to chassis. I then tried it on music. I burp at volume 53 on the deck... and I was at 50 on my deck with bass knob at half way. I cranked it all the way and it shut off the amp within 5 seconds. No red light for protect just shut off. I turned off truck and turned back on and it came back on.. No more tries until I run a 3rd power wire from front to rear... And throw 2 more batteries at it... I'm shooting for a solid 156 daily driver. This plays clean to 25 hz and clean to 50hz. It's a solid build just like everyone says playing with fire right here at .25 ohms...

Ok talked with a few people.. I can't play music at max volume (clean signal no clipping) at .25 ohms. I can play it two clicks down on the volume... I'm messing with signal input voltage to the amp from the deck.. It definitely is pretty gnarly still. Gonna put it on the term lab and see if I can go to clipping volume and maybe two above it for a burp... We shall see.. Not a voltage issue. Put 4 more d3100s on it and it did nothing..

Put input voltage below 2 v bug amps get sensitive at that ohm load

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'm at .1532 or something like that below .2 right now should I go lower? People are saying between .2-.4v at that low but I tried .8 volume 51... .3v volume 38 then I went to .1 volume 33. What do you think? Am I reading it wrong? Coming off the rca inputs to the amp right?

Nominal mite be to low .. Does amp protect?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived