10k amp minimum number of batteries to run

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AA, AAA, C, or D batteries?

And are we talking duracell / energizer quality? Or that low-end kirkland battery crap?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

dont cheap out on electrical... 5 batteries would be okay.. im going to do 6 with a 350a and if it dont go well i will add the second alt

i run 6 d3100's and a d1200 up front with a mechman 220 and itll keep me at 12.9-13.0 as it gets hot

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Yeah I was thinking 4 d3100 but I just needed some more opinions. This is minimum were talking about also.

I'm not gonna argue you about it, but going for the minimum is usually a bad idea. Especially on electrical. To give you the minimum, going with the assumption of loss-less power, which is literally impossible to achieve in car audio at the moment; a 270a alt @14.4V will in theory be able to provide 3,888W of power, but because you have wires, box rise, impedance, back EMF, and plenty of other things that will take an electrical draw from your power, your voltage will not stay the same and your alt will not always be putting out a full 270a continuously. You need enough batteries to provide enough reserve others have said it, and I agree at least 4 more would seem wise.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived