Clamping Method vs SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. SMD AMM-1 Audio Multimeter

you're confusing the AMM-1 with the AD-1.. since this thread is about the AMM-1 im assuming Tony was talking about the new tool and not the amp dyno

yes but that in itself says the amp dyno doesn't matter since it's not connected to a real load rofl. And I doubt he would want people to think his dyno results are meaningless.

he was comparing the amm-1 vs your concrete bucket..

Edited by Miguels

And the great shit storm of our time has come... I believe everyone in here has said that there is a somewhat accurate way to clamp, correct? We can agree on that? Good. What we're trying to get at is that instead of using 3 different tools and only being able to truly test non-reactive loads, you can use one tool, save yourself the time and hassle, and have a truly accurate reading in your car and see where your system is at. There's no smoke and mirrors here, what you see is what you get.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

you're confusing the AMM-1 with the AD-1.. since this thread is about the AMM-1 im assuming Tony was talking about the new tool and not the amp dyno

yes but that in itself says the amp dyno doesn't matter since it's not connected to a real load rofl. And I doubt he would want people to think his dyno results are meaningless.

he was comparing the amm-1 vs your concrete bucket.. the ad-1 has no part in this thread

funny how it's in the title of this thread.

But if he wants to say that non resistive load scores are worthless than this dyno is pointless. Sorry but you can't have the cake and eat it too.

so I can buy all those tools and a concrete bucket or 1 single tool?

geez, tough choice. but I do see that guys point, this isn't the only tool that works. But, I will let him use the concrete bucket...

I understand what he is saying as well, just giving him a hard time. Jokes aside, even if that setup worked, you would then know how many VA your amplifier can put out into a bucket of concrete. Still wouldn't tell you how many Watts your amplifier puts into your SPEAKERS

say what? That's exactly what your dyno does. Uses a purely resistive load to measure power output in watts....

Last time I checked a coil of wire is an Inductor, not a resistor. I think you are confusing it with this http://www.rexresearch.com/davis/davis.htm

This is getting interesting. Looks like a lot of people are taking this video the wrong way.

We obviously have a couple of people in here that do have an idea how to properly use clamps on a resistive load. But how many people really do? I will be more than happy to redo the video and show more detail.

Here are a few facts

1) on a resistive load, dyno and clamping should match.

2) dyno tells you the number straight up, to find the correct nber while clamping, you have to watch the sine wave to find the point that you think is just at or before clipping.

3) how many people that clamp, do it with a scope? Not many. Most use a dmm and cheap clamp. Even using a resistive load, you can't see your sine wave on a dmm so you just take the biggest number. Not accurate.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

the way i see it is that is much easier to use the amm-1 then to get 3 tools to do what one can.. i would buy the amm-1 just because of the simplicity.. clamping can be close to accurate but it has to be by one that knows and understands it and has the correct tools. the amm-1 can be used by new people to the hobby

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Do we have anyone art-sy in here? I'd love to see a sketch of a guy dynoing an amplifier with a bucket of concrete with a pos scope, a voltmeter, a clamp meter, and a calculator attached to it.

Because you asked... lol

cement_mixer.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 11

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

All I gotta say is amm-1 is a great tool. Pricey but good tool. Prolly best smd tool to date.

Video showed clamp wrong. Admit it and move forward. How hard is it to make another 4 minute video? Someone who doesn't read through all these pages or watches video on Facebook or YouTube are going to be mislead. Your product can sell itself, doesn't need to put others down in false ways to sell it.

For clamping in a car to see real power this tool is probably the easiest most affordable out there. Are there other ways, yes but this tool will eliminate all human error and be dead on everytime.

Awesome stuff.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick