Clamping Method vs SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. SMD AMM-1 Audio Multimeter

You won't find one N8. If you search his history on CACO or character in general he's the epitome of read, hear, and repeat but no first hand knowledge or experience. Not to mention an incredible disdain for SMD, the forum and person, and Damore. I don't say this to stir the pot, I say it because once you realize the true nature you can remove the facade of objectivity. He even made a thread asking why people used getting loud as a rebuttal in debates and why doesn't someone who doesn't compete or get loud get taken seriously.

I'm honestly surprised he's here at all.

I can see the point being made and know Cody will step up yo the plate. I know people who test things in their own like myself or Taylor can sympathize how much effort goes into helping and people can seem ungrateful. I love the AMM 1 as I didn't have to pay more money since I no longer work in a custom shop.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Before someone wants to come out and say it, I dont care what you think you would be able to see on the scope, this is what I saw. iF you would like to argue that point, please feel free to buy all of the equipment necessary and do your own testing for the viewing pleasure of others.

Now on to the results.

Screen Shot 1 frame before clipping light turns on.

50.6vAC

12.6aAC

Power Factor of 100% makes this 637.56w

ScreenShot2014-01-23at53423PM_zps4e1158d

Screen shot 1 frame later with clipping light on.

54.1vAC

13.5aAC

Power Factor of 100% makes this 730.35w

ScreenShot2014-01-23at53436PM_zpse9d41e2

Screen Shot 1 frame before I can visually see clipping

56vAC

14aAC

Power Factor of 100% makes this 784w

ScreenShot2014-01-23at55203PM_zpsaa57635

Screen shot where I can first visually see clipping.

58.4vAC

14.5aAC

Power Factor of 100% makes this 846.8w

ScreenShot2014-01-23at53501PM_zpsc5474d8

Dyno Reading

ScreenShot2014-01-23at53513PM_zps1f6060b

Edited by CJ18

Dyno reading tells me that this amplifier made 622w of clean power before it detected clipping.

AMM1 tells me that it sees 637VA with a power factor of 100% before it seeing clipping.

AMM1 tells me that it sees 730VA with a power factor of 100% right when it sees clipping.

MY EYES tell me that just before I can visually see clipping, there is 784VA with a 100% power factor.

MY EYES tell me that when I can first visually see clipping, there is 846VA with a 100% power factor.

Summary. Dyno says 622w of clean power. AMM says 637w of clean power. MY EYES using a Scope tell me 784w of clean power.

Edited by CJ18

But, but, but.......

Keep showing them what's up.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Pain in the ass but it you have the proper tools to clamp, I'd rather have the pain in the ass than buy another tool that does the same thing as the 2 meters I already have. But for people that don't own the proper meters, the amm1 is a good option.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

And for the record, I'm one if those people who doesn't personally own the proper meters. I'd love to own an amm1. Makes things very idiot proof, much like the other smd products

But if I owned 1000+ in meters that could get damn close, I'd keep my $400. Haha. But I'm no pro

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

You won't find one N8. If you search his history on CACO or character in general he's the epitome of read, hear, and repeat but no first hand knowledge or experience. Not to mention an incredible disdain for SMD, the forum and person, and Damore. I don't say this to stir the pot, I say it because once you realize the true nature you can remove the facade of objectivity. He even made a thread asking why people used getting loud as a rebuttal in debates and why doesn't someone who doesn't compete or get loud get taken seriously.

I'm honestly surprised he's here at all.

I can see the point being made and know Cody will step up yo the plate. I know people who test things in their own like myself or Taylor can sympathize how much effort goes into helping and people can seem ungrateful. I love the AMM 1 as I didn't have to pay more money since I no longer work in a custom shop.

Just found something that I thought everybody would be interested in.

Yesterday while Ben (SINTORMAN) was in this thread trolling, check out what he wrote on a Colorado Car Audio Facebook Group:

This is a thread about clamping power at a competition....

fb-post_zps412a71db.jpg

Interesting that on an SMD forum he's going through every effort to push a complicated clamping solution that involves everything except an SMD product.

On the same night, on a FB group, he appears to be OK with suggesting the AMM1.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Grrrrrreat he's from CO? There are TOO many douches here in CO, especially that are in or trying to get into car audio! But I have hope since there are some SMD members also in Colorado!